• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HIGHVIEW PARKING LIMITED vs Myself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIGHVIEW PARKING LIMITED vs Myself

In 2017 I unfortunately made use of the parking facilities at Urban Exchange M4 Manchester and despite spending money in their shops I overstayed my welcome by 17 minutes and now they want more money for the privilege. The car park there at Urban Exchange is managed by Highview Parking Limited. They state that 1 hour is free and up to 2 hours must be authorised by the shops themselfs. Their ANPR says I was in the car park for 1 hour and 17 minutes. There are a few posts online about how difficult it is to get the shops to authorise the parking and it really isn't clear at all how the system works.

Now a few years have passed and I no longer own the vehicle and I no longer live at the registered keepers address.

In december 2021 they entered a CCJ against me and won by default, I did not receive any paperwork as I was no longer at the address they had on file. I noticed the CCJ appear on my credit file some months later.

Particulars of Claim:
    1. THE DEFENDANT(D) IS INDEBTED TO THE CLAIMANT © FOR A PARKING CHARGE(S) ISSUED TO VEHICLE HD57BWF AT URBAN EXCHANGE M4 2. THE PCN DETAILS ARE 05/08/2017, XXXXXXXXXXXXX 3.THE PCN(S) WAS ISSUED ON PRIVATE LAND OWNEDOR MANAGED BY C. THE VEHICLE WAS PARKED IN BREACH OF THE TERMS ON CS SIGNS (THE CONTRACT), THUS INCURRING THE PCN(S).4. THE DRIVER AGREED TO PAY WITHIN 28 DAYS BUT DID NOT. D IS LIABLE AS THE DRIVER OR KEEPER. DESPITE REQUESTS, THE PCN(S) IS OUTSTANDING. THE CONTRACT ENTITLES C TO DAMAGES. AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS 1. £165 BEING THE TOTAL OF THE PCN(S) AND DAMAGES. 2. INTEREST AT A RATE OF 8% PER ANNUM PURSUANT TO S.69 OF THE COUNTY COURTS ACT 1984 FROM THE DATE HEREOF AT A DAILY RATEOF £0.02 UNTIL JUDGMENT OR SOONER PAYMENT. 3.COSTS AND COURT FEES

1st of April 2022 - I submitted an N244 as soon as I was aware of the CCJ on the stating:
    Set Judgment Aside - I do not live at the service address and have received no claim forms from the court. I received no pre court documents from the claimant and I do not know who the claimant is. The first I heard about this is finding the judgement on my credit file. Further to this I have been in hospital with a serious illness for some months and this combination of an incorrect address and illness has made it impossible for me to reply in time. I deny that any money is owed to the claimant and will defend the case against my name. To enter a full defence I need to gather further information. Once the claimants details have been provided to me I will contact them directly to resolve this matter hopefully without wasting any further time of the courts.

I have received confirmation from the court that the hearing is to be heard on the 31st of May 2022

I have received a witness statement from DCBL Ltd on behalf of Highview Parking Ltd that I will attach here.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ssf...EfvLsoF0h/view

I am wondering how to proceed now and would be grateful for any help or advice offered.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X