• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP PLEASE WITH COUNTY COURT CLAIM - lantern dedt recovery/moriarty law ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marbec View Post
    Okay i have received some of the documents that was requested not all of them but they've provided the original credit agreement now so I'm probably best making an agreement to pay as the judge will probably sidecwithbyhem now
    They should provide all the documents requested. What have they sent?
    You've received the agreement, have you received the Default Notice and Letter of Assignment?

I take it you've sent off the Directions Questionnaire?

Comment

okay so this has now been transferred to my local court with a hearing date of 7th november

the claimant has not sent me all the documents i requested but have now sent the documents they are going to rely on in court which is a witness statement from the solicitors moriarty law that has 11 points or facts they believe tobe true about this case and loan

then they have sent 22 pages of a fixed loan agreement called standard european consumer credit agreement

they have sent a fixed sum loan agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974

also provided copies of the letters they sent to me when they took over the debt and a final demand before proceedings

upon inspecting the documents they have provided it has reminded me as they have sent a detailed log of all payments and i originally loaned 100 on 18th january but by the 2nd febuary i had payed that loan off thats the loan thats on all paperwork.

i then borrowed a further 400 or 500 its hard to tell from the paperwork with charges added but thats the loan i couldntafford and they would have known had they checked but they never and i suppose thats why quickquid was done for bad lending

Comment

Did you prepare and send off a Witness Statement?

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ness-statement

When completed, it needs to be sent to the Court (can be emailed) and the Claimants solicitors, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

You need to go through everything they've sent and prepare notes for the Hearing, so you can raise these matters during the Hearing.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...+web+FINAL.pdf

Comment

i have not done a witness statement yet as im not really sure what im doing with it

iwill sort it out tomorrow if i havent missed the deadline

Comment

I've missed the chance to put my witness statement in as itcwa due on 27th by 5pm

I'm not sure if I should even attend court now as I'm likely going to lose this case they have put a witness statement in and I dint have proof of my defence

Comment

I've missed the chance to put my witness statement in as itcwa due on 27th by 5pm

I'm not sure if I should even attend court now as I'm likely going to lose this case they have put a witness statement in and I dint have proof of my defence
              I would do a Witness Statement and email it to the Court and the other side, if you don't attend the Hearing you will lose.

Comment

okay im going to attempt my witness statement and send it via email and ive booked the day off work so i can attend the hearing at court

Comment

okay im going to attempt my witness statement and send it via email and ive booked the day off work so i can attend the hearing at court
                  Highlight the points, make your case.

Comment

i have no clue what im doing even with the example witness statements so im done with it im stressed enough as it is so thanks for your advice i do appreciate it but ive no chance of winning anyway im just wasting time by taking the day off work to go and be laughed out of court.

thanks for help

Comment

I will cobble something together this evening had a bad day at work yesterday so wasn't in correct frame of mind for it last night ,will get this 12 hour shift out of way and have another go.

Again thanks for all your help with this case.

Comment

Okay so I couldn't attend the court hearing I took the afternoon off work and all the trains was on strike so I couldn't travel the 25 miles to get to court,I called the courts and explained the situation and receptionist said would tell the judge I couldn't attend.

So as you explained as I didn't attend I lost the case and I got a letter this morning saying as both parties didn't attend I've lost and must pay within 2 weeks.

Would I be able to appeal this decision,ive lost my job on friday so ironically i know can attend anytime or is it to little to late from me

Comment

Okay so I couldn't attend the court hearing I took the afternoon off work and all the trains was on strike so I couldn't travel the 25 miles to get to court,I called the courts and explained the situation and receptionist said would tell the judge I couldn't attend.

So as you explained as I didn't attend I lost the case and I got a letter this morning saying as both parties didn't attend I've lost and must pay within 2 weeks.

Would I be able to appeal this decision,ive lost my job on friday so ironically i know can attend anytime or is it to little to late from me
                          O.K., not to worry, it's done.They (the Court) needed notice, so could of rescheduled the case.

I wouldn't bother appealing. But what you can do is send / email their solicitors / creditor an Income and Expenditure form. Make sure you take account of the 'cost of living'. If you can only afford to pay £5 a month, so be it.

Read the following covers losing your job.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...0accepted%20it

Comment

OK well that's strange the court made no mention of reschedule the date I had called the court the week before and explained I was having difficulty attending due to work commitments and the travel issues but the reception lady said she can't offer legal advice but I should do my best to attend or I will lose the case if dont come but no mention of reschedule the date

OK I'm going to speak with citizens advice but I don't think a payment plan is an option as I need to pay within 2 weeks to avoid the ccj going on My credit file for 6 years

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X