• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tolata claim using witness statements from a seperate acquited case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tolata claim using witness statements from a seperate acquited case

Hi. I have been issued with a TOLATA claim ( to force buy me out of my share in the Joint Tenancy of our property based on the Deed of Trust), from my ex cohabiting partner. The case has gone to a Directions Hearing at the local Civil Court. The witness evidence used in that bundle from the claimant was only sent to me on the afternoon of the day before and contained witness reports from neighbors. Two of these referred to a report used to make a previous claim of Common Assault against me, for which I was acquitted at Magistrates. I am defending myself as a litigant in person. The case was refused Mediation due to these witness statements. And it was given Fast Tract status, to be heard later this year at a half day Trial.

1. Does her solicitor have a duty of care to keep me informed of any discussions they may have had with the court over this case.
    2. Can those witness statements be used as evidence given that they come from a case that was acquitted.
    3. If not can I have the case stayed for a new directions hearing?
    4. Can any other statements that refer to that acquitted case be included or refused?

Thanks in advance.

D
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X