• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court summons received for a parking ticket in 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess all this efforts posting here etc been for nothing as lack of active members and replies seems to be the norm judging by majority of posts.

ill try to search the forums for a similar post that may have previously been replied to but tye search function seems to be missing.

:/

Comment

Did you get this sorted as I've also received a claim form from County Court business centre

Comment

Originally posted by Futabadirk View Post
        Did you get this sorted as I've also received a claim form from County Court business centre
        Hi,

Not yet.

The claiment (excel parking) has now changed the claim handlers 2 times in as many days and are now handling this themselves rather than using a solicitor. .

I was sent the N180 forms to complete which I have filled in and returned to both excel parking and the court around 4 weeks ago. So far I have not heard anything from either party. Just checked today.

Comment

Originally posted by Futabadirk View Post
          What I have now is the fact that claimant has failed in the legal obligation to reply to me within the 30 days with the information I requested. They replied to me over 1 week late with a letter dated 3 days before the photos were dated when printed.

The information they claim they hold on file for me I requested via the SAR and CPR31.14 I now notice is different from the information initially supplied from Elms Legal when I sent them the SAR/CPR request. I assuming they are withholding information which I'm pretyt sure is not legal.

Comment

This has been transferred to Birmingham county court. Just waiting for a date now.

this websites been as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Ill keep updating in the hope someone may find some benefit from my thread.

Comment

Eventually I have been assigned a date in the Birmingham County Court for 11th August 2022.

Lets get this on!....

Comment

Not sure if anyone is slightly interested in this but we went to court around 8 weeks ago and the judge looked at the evidence I had and ordered a 1.5hr trial be set before the judge.

The date has been set for 9th Nov. Will post following the hearing.

Comment

It is highly unusual for members not to respond but insulting the forum won't endear you to them! There are many threads upon which good advice has been given. Not my area unfortunately but maybe Des-8 will reply or suggest other members who know this kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
                    It is highly unusual for members not to respond but insulting the forum won't endear you to them! There are many threads upon which good advice has been given. Not my area unfortunately but maybe Des-8 will reply or suggest other members who know this kind of stuff.
                    TBH.

It wasn't insulting. I'm not looking for a reply or response.

The lack of response from anyone since the first response was clear indication of that I was prob gonna be on my own with no help offered from the very forum that says it helps people haha..so I went it alone

I'm not that fussed. I was posting updates purely to give anyone else in a similar position some hope

Any info I can leave here to help others against the same thing I will when I can. I see at least 1 other people reply in the same position.

Comment

Anyone else that finds themselves in the same boat as myself then hopefully this thread can offer a little encouragement that having a case against Excel Parking Service Limited (EPS) is not so bad if their paralegals are the ones preparing the case.

So D-Day arrives today and it's an 11am hearing in Birmingham. We eventually get called in around 12ish so the court was running late.

EPS did not attend the hearing but instead sent along a local solicitor to act on their behalf. I believe EPS are so full of themselves and so sure everything is going to go in their favor they do not put any effort into anything they do,

So the first thing that is stated from the acting solicitor is he has not been given and has not seen at any point my evidence which was sent to both the court and EPS 14 days prior. I had the delivery confirmations so can see EPS have them but failed to sent them over to the one person that may need them!

The images taken at the time of the incident was of poor quality. The images and information provided by EPS to the court was of poor quality.
                      The contravention happened in Feb 2019 and EPS sent in photographs from 2017 showing some signs which was so poor quality their own representing solicitor could not even read the text on the signs. The enclosed plan from EPS showing the apparent location of the signs was a different plan to one which was sent in along with there parking contract to manage the land. The images taken on the date did not clearly show any signage of any type in or around near to the vehicle.

In a closing statement the Judge ordered that the claim be dismissed and also noted that the information provided by EPS including the images of the signs, the locations, the area and the actual signs that should be present was so poor and never married up to their claims it was probably some of the worst evidence in a claim for a parking issue she had seen.

So a small victory had today.

EPS was ordered to pay me £53.50 within 14 days for loss of earnings which I was a disappointment about considering I have lost £200 of work for the day and also lost £200 6 weeks ago for the last dispute hearing.

Overall though I'm happy as I compared my loss of earnings against the money EPS must have spent on firstly the claim (£35) The hearing fee £25. They had elms legal acting for them communicating with me for months prior to the court date which must have been costing them money and also a solicitor for both hearings. I'm unsure what sort of cost these solicitors will be charging for their time in court but I'm going to guess overall EPS have spent way more than my £400 loss so I consider it a win against these scum bag parking companies.

Comment

Good result. Well done.
                        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Very good news well done.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X