• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defending CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defending CCJ

I have applied to defend my case as the CCA requested in 2019 is still outstanding.

I was sent a document that was not considered a true copy and contained many errors and missing information. I challenged the document and was told it would be looked into and have heard nothing until over two years later when the companies solicitors have got involved.

Am I able to defend this and request it is struck out as from what I understand that have no justification to bring proceedings on me. I have requested this information again and it’s not yet been received.

I could really do with some help on how to submit my defence which I need to do by next weekend.

Thank you
    Tags: None

Hi sorry,

Unfortunately what you have written does not make sense and not aligned with the legal process. When someone issues a claim, you have a limited period of time to admit the claim or file a defence. If you are saying that the claim has sat around for two years suggests the claim has been stayed because the claimant has done nothing.

You must have had to file a defence to get to this stage so why do you need help submitting your defence? Also you say you have applied to defend your case and then you talk about a request to strike out. Which is it, an application to strike out or to have the case heard?

Some clarity would help to understand what you actually need to do and want from us.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Sorry this all new to me so I’m probably using the wrong terminology.

In 2019 I applied for a CCA over a debt I disputed as not being mine. What was sent was full of incorrect information including a signature dated a year after the account was supposed to have opened which was taken from an application for a current account with Halifax and not the credit card they alleged. I disputed the CCA as not being a true copy with Arrow. Arrow wrote to say they would investigate with Halifax and in the meantime the debt would remain unenforceable.

Last October Arrow forwarded my account to their Solicitors who have then applied for a CCJ and notice was served to me.

I have put in an application to defend this and need to submit my defence which I could really do with help writing.

My understanding is as they wrote to me in 2019 and that was the last time I heard from them, are they allowed to have bring court actions on me. I was hoping I could ask the courts in my defence to reject this, or is that not something you can do?

I have followed the steps on here to request information from both the solicitors and Arrow which has not arrived. The solicitors have said they are happy to allow 30 days from when the documents are received to allow me time to prepare my defence. However I have read on here that they have no authority to grant this sort of extension. I wanted to check if this was correct?

sorry I hope this is a bit clearer

Comment

Example Defence

​​​​​​ Pre-Action Letters did you get one of these??

Comment

Hi I had something similar but only half a page of information. Nothing about the particulars of the debt. It just says the debt has been passed to them. A bit about Covid what I owe and how to pay. Then income and expenditure included.

I spoke with the National Debt Helpline who provided me with some templates. I wrote to Solicitors asking for them to provide what information they had made this debt enforceable as no one has raised this with me and which they didn’t respond to.

I received a letter in December saying they had not heard from me which I thought had been sent in error as the previous letter I sent was sent recorded. But they’d mentioned delays due to Covid in the first letter to me, so I thought it had just not been looked at yet. I wish I had contacted them as the next letter as was saying they’d applied for court action with the court papers turning up the same day.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X