• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default Judgement after missing directions questionnaire deadline by 1 day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Judgement after missing directions questionnaire deadline by 1 day

Hi,

As some background, I successfully defended a parking charge from VCS ac outlet of years ago, with the judge agreeing that they had no agreement that superseded my right to park in the works car park under my employers lease agreement. VCS were brought in way after we moved there, resulting in lots and lots of tickets being issued.

A year after proving they had no grounds to charge, they issued on another 2 tickets, from the same time period (I'm guessing before they hit 6 years), which I've now been dealing with.

This is where the headache starts- I received no directions questionnaire, then received a notice that my defense had been struck out. I rang and informed them that I had never received anything (and was waiting for it, as i already have my defense lined up), they resent by email for both claims and gave me a deadline of 29th December to resubmit. Meantime a contract covid, quickly scramble to submit, but miss the deadline by a day (or 9hrs really).
    I was told by the court to submit an N244 form to have my defense reinstated.
    Received an email on 24th to call and pay for submission of the forms (2x£108), but when ive called today to do that theuve advised default judgement has now been made (on 24th) and that I need to submit another 2 forms to strike out judgement and reinstate my defense......but the price has gone up to £275 each form (judgement is £300 each claim.

I realise that missing the deadline, whatever the reason, is on me......but is there anything I can do other than paying the equivalent of the claimed amounts to argue? It seems crazy that they've defaulted judgement on both, knowing I had submitted N244 forms.....

As it stands, I'm thinking I'll end up paying the slightly more amount to VCS to end the whole thing, but it just sticks in my throat that I'm forced to pay it, knowing and proving it is unlawful, with the only alternative being pay the court a similar amount to be able to argue that.

Any advice would be much appreciated......is it really a case of pay VCS or pay the court now?

Thanks,
    Simon
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X