• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with county court claim for parking motorbike in hatched area 5 years ago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with county court claim for parking motorbike in hatched area 5 years ago

I have just recieved a county court claim for roughly 300 pounds. The reason stated is "vehicle was parked in breach of terms on the signs (the contract) thus incurring the PCN. How would I go about defending this as I have read through the form multiple times and have no idea what I'm doing. I was surprised they could try and claim in court nearly 5 years after the supposed offence, I also think the claimed amount is ridiculous for a car park that is free to park in and therefore parking had no impact on there earnings. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Clayr001; 5th January 2022, 15:29:PM.
    Tags: None

ostell might be around to help

Comment

did you receive all the original notices and ignore them?

Comment

They have 6 years to claim.

So get the PCN and the signs.

Comment

What do you mean get the PCN and the signs, sorry I've got no idea what I'm doing here, I need to work our how next to proceed with my response to the claim form thats been sent
          Last edited by Clayr001; 5th January 2022, 15:31:PM.

Comment

____
            Last edited by Clayr001; 5th January 2022, 15:32:PM.

Comment

So SAR to parking company

CPR 31.4 request to the solicitors requesting all the documents that they intend to use in court, in particular the PCN and image of the sign that created the alleged contract

templates in Shortcuts panel on this page

Comment

Sorry what is the SAR and the request to the solicitors would you recomend doing this via letter or via email. And should I respond to the County court claim letter yet?

Comment

This is what i have been sent by the parking company when requesting the documents including the image of the sign and all documents relating to the parking charge.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Take those attachments down and repost anonymised (ie remove all identifications & ref numbers)

Comment

Updated now, anyone able to assist?

Comment

Have just recieved this from the solicitors in the pack of evidence they have sent me. Would I be correct in saying that the sign makes no mention of a contract so they can't try and fine me for a breach of contract?
                        Attached Files

Comment

You might be able to defend the charge on the basis that parking on the hatched area was not allowed, and there can be no contract for doing something that is forbidden and so it is not a contractual charge but an unliquidated penalty.

ostell will hopefully confirm or deny or offer further advice (perlease)

Comment

Clayr001 you might like to read post 10 on this thread: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...17-court-claim

Comment

Very interesting thanks, I'm going ti have a go at drafting up a defense based in the premise of the other thread, thanks so much for your help. Are there any templates for defenses? As the only ones I can find on here are for consumer credit.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X