• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form - Parking Charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim Form - Parking Charge

Hi,

I have received a claim form from the county court business centre in regards to a parking charge from 2017.

I remember getting the original letter in 2017 but was advised to not reply from my ex-partner at the time.

I started getting letters when I signed onto the electoral roll last year as I’m looking to buy a house however thought as it was so long ago and only for one charge they wouldn’t take it further (silly, I know).

Background around the parking charge:
    My ex lived in a block of flats that had a fob entry 2 storey car park attached to the building. Usually we would always take his car however on this occasion his was in the garage so I drove and parked here.

As it was in 2017 and my relationship ended on bad terms I can’t get any information on the T&C of the parking etc so feel like I have no defence. All I do know is I was parked in his flat number space and his permit pass was in his car at the garage so I had nothing on display.

Any help would be much appreciated, I suffer terrible anxiety so this is something I really struggle to deal with. I’m thinking of just paying it as the thought of going to court etc is making me awful. However it’s over £300 and I just really can’t afford that.

I can send a copy of the letter if needed.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer help!!
    Tags: None

ostell

Comment

Acknowledge the claim on day 5 or shortly after. Noting in the defence, This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

SAR to the parking company
      CPR 31.14 request to the solicitor requesting copies of all the document the intend to use in court, especially the PCN and copies of the signs that allegedly created the contract.

The amount is exorbitant. I would suggest that the signs say permit only parking, or something like that? Did you ex own the flat.?

For the extra charges read this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/16qovzulab...inson.pdf?dl=0

Court is not like you see on TV. You on one desk, the claimant on another and the judge at a bigger desk.

A CCJ will only be attached to you name IF you lose and IF you don't pay within 30 days.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X