• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charge registered on property by a solicitors firm which no longer trades.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charge registered on property by a solicitors firm which no longer trades.

I am not sure if this is in the right place, if it is, please feel free to move it.

I am in the process of `sorting my affairs out`, As part of that, I have just paid for some information from the Land Registry on my property as someone told me they had a charge on my property and I wanted to check, and I have found out that a firm of Solicitors who no longer trade have a charge on my property for a debt which was paid ages ago, so obviously I would like it removing.

To give you a bit of background, the Law Firm was shut down by the Solicitors Regulation Authority in 2013, they left creditors over £5 million out of pocket.
    I know two guys working for the same Solicitors were appointed Joint Liquidators responsible for winding up the firm, but I haven`t been contacted by them.

Obviously, as this debt was paid off by myself many years ago, I would like the charge removing from my property, how do I do that please?

Any help anyone could give me would be great.
    Tags: None

Contact SRA to find out what has happened to their files https://www.sra.org.uk/

Comment

Thanks des8

I understand that their files are held by a Solicitors firm in Bradford. I know this as Mum had her Houses deeds lodged with this firm and when they ceased trading, the Solicitors Firm in Bradford contacted her and said they held all the files in their vaults.

Comment

So contact them and see if they can help.
        Of course it might be that those files no longer exist and so obtaining a deed of release to satisfy Land Registry will be problematic.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X