• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ has been discontinued by claimant but CCJ still on TrustOnline Register

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ has been discontinued by claimant but CCJ still on TrustOnline Register

Hi, I was hoping someone could offer some advice as I am a bit lost at the moment.

I had a default judgement against me for a parking ticket. On discovering this I contacted the claimant requesting the judgement be set aside by consent after hearing no reply I sent in a N244 application to have judgement set aside and a court date was set. Three days before the court date the court vacated the hearing as the claimant had sent in a notice of discontinuance N279. I assumed this was the end of the matter and the CCJ would be removed from the TrustOnline register but it is still there after three months. I contacted the register and they have no instructions from the court to remove the CCJ. I have tried emailing the court to understand what steps I need to take but apart from an automated reply saying they have received my email I get no reply.

Can anyone advise on how I get the CCJ removed from the TrustOnline register? I have tried calling the court service and they mentioned that I might have to fill in a N441 "Notification of Request for Certificate of Satisfaction or Cancellation" form but I should the county court to find out. I cant get any email reply from the county court and when I look at the N441 form it appears to me that it is only for when the debt has been paid which does not apply to me.

Any help on what steps I need to take to get the CCJ removed from the register would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

I thought I would just follow this original post up as it has been concluded today. After numerous calls to the court service to get the specific county court to contact me they finally did. In the end it turned out it was a mistake for the court to vacate the hearing based on the claimants wish to discontinue the case after a judgement had already been made. The court has on its own motion and without hearing the parties (CPR3.3) ordered that the default judgment be set aside and the claim dismissed. It's a relief that this is finally over as it's hung over me for a while now.

Comment

Thanks for updating, sorry your post was missed. Happens occasionally.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X