• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Business Centre Claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Business Centre Claim form

Hi everyone

I just received a County Court Business Centre Claim form for allegedly parking in a MOTO service station 3.5 years ago!
    I have never received anything before today.
    I recently bought a house so wondering if it popped up on some sort of database.
    I travel on the motorway frequently but have never received one of these before.
    Other people occasionally use my car, daughter, neighbour and friends.
    I don't remember this date of 26/05/2018.

The amount is for £305 which seems ridiculous.

Is there any way I can get proof it was me? The registration number is correct.

How should I proceed?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Nick
    Tags: None

ostell post up copy redacted

Comment

Acknowledge the claim on day 5 after the issue date, or shortly after, using the details and password on the form Nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

SAR to the parking company.
      CPR 31.14 request to the solicitor requesting all the documents that they intend to use in court, including details of the signs that created the alleged contract.

Why do you need proof it was you? They need proof it was you. Buying the house probably triggered it as your name appeared on various sites.

Did you own that car? What address was on the V5 document? Was it correct?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        Acknowledge the claim on day 5 after the issue date, or shortly after, using the details and password on the form Nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

SAR to the parking company.
        CPR 31.14 request to the solicitor requesting all the documents that they intend to use in court, including details of the signs that created the alleged contract.

Why do you need proof it was you? They need proof it was you. Buying the house probably triggered it as your name appeared on various sites.

Did you own that car? What address was on the V5 document? Was it correct?
        Hello

Thanks!

Well if it wasn't me I'd make someone else pay it.
        Yes I owned the car. I can't remember the address on the V5 document (I know, I'm not too organised with details). I think it was an older rental address, as when I phoned my insurance about something else, they said I wasn't actually insured if I had not updated my address! Live and learn.

Comment

Just trying to get to the facts. If the V5 was correct and they didn't get the NTK to you within 14 days they can't hold you the keeper liable for the actions of the driver.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            Just trying to get to the facts. If the V5 was correct and they didn't get the NTK to you within 14 days they can't hold you the keeper liable for the actions of the driver.
            Hello

I was away on the weekend, so just did the AOS online.
            What does this mean "SAR to the parking company.
            CPR 31.14 request" How do I do this?

And what does this mean "didn't get the NTK to you within 14 days they can't hold you the keeper liable"

Thanks again!

Comment

Subject Access Request Letter no charge get proof posting keep copy on file they have 30 days ro supply all they have on you

​​​​​​ CPR 31.14 Request no charge to solicitors only requesting document relating to court form listin on it

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                Subject Access Request Letter no charge get proof posting keep copy on file they have 30 days ro supply all they have on you

​​​​​​ CPR 31.14 Request no charge to solicitors only requesting document relating to court form listin on it
                So I just send a letter to each one, the parking company and the solicitor, keep copies of the letter and proof of posting to each one?
                What do they do? Just send all the info to me in another letter?

If they don't do it in 30 days the case is closed?

Thanks

Comment

If you dont get in a defence then you lose.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X