• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court claim form

Hi there,

I have been issued a court letter for a charge of >£300. In the particulars of the claim it states that I agreed to pay within 28 days and did not - this is incorrect as I had received some correspondence that I did not respond to.

I had parked in a car park during the dark (outside of any trading hours for the named place), I was unaware of not being able to park here but apparently there is signage that this is private property. Should I just give in now and pay the fine?

Thank you in advance for your advice.
    Tags: None

ostell should be able to help

Comment

put up copy of their letter minus personal details and numbers

Comment

Thank you.
        Last edited by Viv1988; 1st December 2021, 13:19:PM.

Comment

Copy of correspondence?

Comment

They were thrown away, as I was advices to just ignore them?

Comment

Await ostell

Comment

Ok, thank you.

Comment

Why do people still insist on ignoring in England !!!

Take down that image and repost with the password redacted. Edit the post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. The driver parked, the keeper received the notice.

SAR to parking company to get all the documents they hold about you.
                  CPR 31.14 request to DCBL to request all the documents that they intend to use in court, including copies of the signs that created the alleged contract.

Acknowledge the claim 5 days, or shortly after, the issue date. Nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the issue date to get your defence to the court.

This claim looks exaggerated so have a read of Excel v Wilkinson.

Comment

CPR 31.14 Request no charge

Subject Access Request Letter no charge get proof posting and keep copies of all on a file

Comment

This charge is dated back to 2016, I was naive and believed it would go away.

Ok thank you so much.

Is there a possibility if it gets rejected that the fine will increase further? I am currently buying a house so just very conscious of taking a risk that may end up costing significantly more?

Comment

Just filling out the AOS online - Do I select that I defend all or part of the claim?

Comment

defend all

Comment

Sorry to bother you both again.

With regards to the CPR 31.14 request - on the particulars of claim seen in image they have stated that the driver agreed to pay within 28 days which is not correct - am I able to request proof of this?

I have requested for the contract and was going to request for proof of agreement to pay by the driver?

Also, the final paragraph in the CPR 31.14 request:

"For your information and records I enclose a copy of the formal request for a copy of the credit agreement relating to this claim, pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which has been posted to your client with the statutory fee of £1 today, xx/xx/xxxx."

Do I need to include this as it is in red on one and green on another template? If it does need to be included where do i find the request form for a copy of the credit agreement and would i simply write a cheque for £1?

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Viv1988; 1st December 2021, 18:34:PM.

Comment

That section is only for credit card type claims. Ignore

The pay within 28 days will be on the signage, he agreed by the driver. That's why you request copies of the signs

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X