• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ issued based on initials only - HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ issued based on initials only - HELP!

Turns out there are two CCJs on my credit file, these CCJs were issued by solicitors using initials only. No full names, no date of birth! I share the same address as my brother who has the exact same initials as me. How can you issue a CCJ without a full name and no date of birth? Do I have grounds to sue these solicitors for causing me distress? I haven't been able to get anything on credit or take out a flat. I had to call experian who did their own research and agreed its a mistake, they have removed the CCJs from my credit file. Equifax haven't been as helpful, they're telling me to go and speak to the courts and get the CCJs settled! All this stress for what? Why should the solicitors who did this get away with it?

Kindly advise.
    Tags: None

Hi UL

Follow their complaints procedure, then lodge a complaint with the Legal Ombudsman and potentially against the Creditor through the FOS depending on who owned the debt.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. What do you mean by depending on who owned the debt? Basically, it was an unpaid parking fine. The parking enforcement company used solicitors to recover the debt, which remained unpaid. It has nothing to do with me though.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanlegend View Post
        Thank you for your reply. What do you mean by depending on who owned the debt? Basically, it was an unpaid parking fine. The parking enforcement company used solicitors to recover the debt, which remained unpaid. It has nothing to do with me though.
        It will be the Legal Ombudsman.

This is exactly why we say stick to one thread because all the background is on the original thread.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see that thread, which thread are you talking about?

Comment

Sorry I didn't see that thread, which thread are you talking about?
            https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ss-centre-help

Comment

No, this is completely different and has nothing to do with that thread. That's why I opened a different thread.

Comment

No, this is completely different and has nothing to do with that thread. That's why I opened a different thread.
                O.K. Once you've followed the solicitors complaints procedure, if you are still unhappy, providing you have a final response / deadlock letter, lodge a complaint with the Legal Ombudsman.

In the meantime send them a SAR so you can get more information on whats happened.

When you get a final response / deadlock letter, you can also consider a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office.

Comment

Thank you for your kind assistance, much appreciated!

Comment

Thank you for your kind assistance, much appreciated!
                    No problem, please update the thread, it's an interesting one for sure.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X