• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fast track case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast track case

Hi,
    I am really looking for urgent help. I’m in dispute with my landlord and the case is sent to Fast track.
    According to court directions and request from claimant for copy documents,I need to supply the copies after the exchange of standard disclosure by list. I really need help on following issues:
    1. Do I have to send the copy of documents to court as well?
    2. Is it ok if I send the documents to claimant by post.Please note that we exchanged the standard disclosure list by email.
    3. Do I have to include any letter with specific wording(law) along with the documents with details of the claim and court?
    4. I have disclosed & listed 15 documents in standard disclosure.Do I have to segregate the documents according to list and send them by exhibits like Exhibit 1, Exhibit 2 ....Exhibit 15 or just make a bundle of all the documents and send it to the claimant and court?

I will appreciate your help.
    Tags: None

Hi ARMUGHAN

Celestine Can you please take a look and advise. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Armughan View Post
      Hi,
      I am really looking for urgent help. I’m in dispute with my landlord and the case is sent to Fast track.
      According to court directions and request from claimant for copy documents,I need to supply the copies after the exchange of standard disclosure by list. I really need help on following issues:
      1. Do I have to send the copy of documents to court as well? No but make a set for later on inclusion in your court bundle.
      2. Is it ok if I send the documents to claimant by post.Please note that we exchanged the standard disclosure list by email. Yes, but make sure you send a written confirmation of their sending by email and ensure you send recorded delivery in plenty of time before deadline.
      3. Do I have to include any letter with specific wording(law) along with the documents with details of the claim and court? Just a standard cover letter with claim number, court and parties and titled Disclosure
      4. I have disclosed & listed 15 documents in standard disclosure.Do I have to segregate the documents according to list and send them by exhibits like Exhibit 1, Exhibit 2 ....Exhibit 15 or just make a bundle of all the documents and send it to the claimant and court?No that is for witness statements. Just send them over as is, later on they will be titled as exhibits to your witness statement; which is usually done as your initials + 1,2,3 etc
      I will appreciate your help.
      Hope that helps
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks for answering my questions. Today, Further to this case, I submitted Defence and Counter on Claim Form (Additional Claims-CPR Part 20) x 3 copies and paid the counter claim fee accordingly.

The claimants in their reply to Defence and counter claim asked the judge to strike out my counter claim alleging that it has not been particularise properly.

Today, I received a letter from the court for the trial hearing date in next few months.The exact wording of the letter is as follows:-

“Unless the claimant does by 4 pm on 7 March 2022 pay to the court the trial fee of £545 or file property completed application, then the claim will be struck out with effect from 7 March 2022 without further order and, unless the court orders otherwise, you will also be liable for the costs which the defendant has incurred.”

I need to about the following and would appreciate if someone can help me out being a litigant in person who is really in need of help.

1- Looking at the wording of the letter, does it mean that the court/judge is convinced with the claimant’s argument about my counter claim and it won’t be considered anymore or simply my counter claim has failed on technical grounds?

2- How and when to submit the cost occurred by me in this case and what I can include as costs being a litigant in person?

many thanks

Comment

Hi

That is not a just a letter from the court - it is an Order. It will have been sent to both parties.

You are the Defendant. They are the Claimant, for the purpose of this Order. (I know the counterclaim makes things a little more confusing).

Reading between the lines, you say the Claimant 'wrote to the Judge requesting the counterclaim be struck out because it was not properly particularised'?

The wording in the Order is, "to pay the trial fee of £545 OR FILE PROPERLY COMPLETED APPLICATION". I interpret this as meaning the Claimant literally wrote asking for the counter-claim to be struck when in fact he should have submitted an N244 application and the court is now asking him to do so or the case will proceed as normal to final hearing with the counterclaim. If he has submitted an N244, it is not correctly worded, but I suspect he just wrote a letter....

If I am correct in my interpretation, this means the pressure is on the Claimant, not you. However, the Order wording is somewhat unhelpful, so please do ring the court for proper clarification that this Order applies in the way I suggest.
          On the point about LIP costs, you can just submit a simple schedule (spreadsheet) of your hours spent on the case, submit to court and opponent a minimum of 14 days before the hearing but allow for your time attending/prepping for the hearing.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X