• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Item not fit for purpose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Item not fit for purpose

Hi, so I purchased a laptop, Lenovo Legion 5 in June 2021 which does not work with the Oculus Quest 2, which was the whole point of buying it. I have spent many hours trying to get it to work, seems to be a compatibility issue with the internal GPU and the Quest 2.

As it doesn't work with the VR headset, the laptop is of no use to me. The company who sold it online (reseller) have a dedicated page on the website for VR Headsets, where they sell the Oculus Quest 2. They then have a dedicated page where they sell 'VR Ready Laptops' where they sell, amongst other laptops, the Lenovo Legion 5. They have now said that they do not advertise the product as working
    with the VR headset and I would suggest they are dangerously close to false advertising here. They have suggested I speak to Lenovo directly and have ignored several requests for them to pick
    up (via courier or provide a return label) so they can inspect and or send back to Lenovo.

I have attempted to resolve the issue via Resolver also, and the company have responded in the same way. I have now sent them a Letter before Claim notification however they are steadfast in their position that as the product was not returned after 30 day and as their website doesn't specifically state that the two items are compatible, that they are comfortable with their position.

Would anyone agree or disagree with them and or the claim?
    Tags: None

Hi MR ME

How did you pay for the laptop?

You would think that because they are selling the laptop with the other products they should all be compatible. Have you done a Google search with Lenovo and Quest 2 to see if other people has complaints regarding compatible issues?

Comment

So make a copy of that web page saying it is VR ready.

If you complained before the 30 days the clock has stopped. and you still have the absolute right to reject. If this is the case then you want to write to them to tell them that you are rejecting under CRA 2015 and then list the reasons. They are under an obligation to arrange for pickup and and refund the same way that you paid.

Perhaps "not as described" as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post

If you complained before the 30 days the clock has stopped. and you still have the absolute right to reject. If this is the case then you want to write to them to tell them that you are rejecting under CRA 2015 and then list the reasons. They are under an obligation to arrange for pickup and and refund the same way that you paid.

Thank you, I unfortunately complained a few days past the 30 day window. I have asked them to send a courier to pick up and send to Lenovo however they have rejected this and asked me to contact Lenovo via social media after I mentioned not receiving a reply from Lenovo directly.

They are indeed selling the Oculus Quest 2 in addition to the Lenovo Legion 5, which they sell under the specific 'vr ready' page. There are some mentions online about compatibility issues so it is not specific to me. I have made a copy of the pages where they sell the laptop as 'vr ready'.

Comment

So you still complain under CRA. Within 6 months they have to show there was not a defect and you have to give them 1 chance to repair. So still write to them to reject under CRA. Their 30 days is overridden by the CRA. As the retailer they remain liable for the product and can't pass the buck to the manufacturer

Comment

How did you pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post

Sorry... I paid via my bank, through my Ltd company via Amazon Pay. I've requested a charge back through the bank however they have rejected this, despite all the evidence -

"Based on the information you have supplied, I am sorry to say that we are unable to raise a dispute claim under the MasterCard scheme rules.

I understand that you bought a VR ready laptop but found that it doesn't work with the Oculus Quest 2 headset purchased separately. This does not indicate that there is a fault with the laptop itself and we cannot argue that the laptop has been misdescribed as the evidence you have provided does not specifically state that the laptop is compatible with Oculus Quest 2.

The merchant's 30 day policy for a no fault refund has not been followed either and therefore we have no grounds to dispute this transaction."

So unfortunately my bank seems to agree with the merchant.
              Last edited by Mr Me; 13th September 2021, 17:54:PM.

Comment

Update - Company have responded now, seems they are happy to go to court over this. Very strange...

Comment

So did you purchase the product through Amazon?

If so the following might apply (but their are time limits) - https://pay.amazon.co.uk/help/201751470

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                    So did you purchase the product through Amazon?

If so the following might apply (but their are time limits) - https://pay.amazon.co.uk/help/201751470
                    No, just used Amazon pay for the transaction, the purchase was made through the sellers website directly. I have now summited the claim, the seller is yet to respond but it will be the same answer no doubt, Foxtrot Oscar.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X