• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a county court claim form from Parking Eye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received a county court claim form from Parking Eye

Hi I received a county court claim form from Parking Eye for a parking ticket which I received few months ago. I was staying at a hotel in Birmingham and I thought the car park behind the hotel was the hotel car park. It was when I asked the receptionist at the hotel whether that car park belonged to the hotel and she said no. I quickly moved the car but ended up getting a ticket through the post. I want to defend it on the basis that it wasn’t clear from the sign whether the car park was the hotel car park or not and it was confusing what property the car park belonged to, and on the basis that I was only there for 20 mins and a £185 fine is unfair and disproportionate. Can someone help me with this case and tell me if I have any chance of winning this. Thank you
    Tags: None

ostell

Comment

Unfortunately PE normally get things correct. Did you ignore the original PCN? Can you post up a copy of it, both sides.

Comment

Should I go ahead with my defence or is it likely I will lose. Can anyone advice

Comment

Need information before can off advice

Comment

ive unapproved the uploaded links as they had personal details on them such as name and address
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

I have edited the pictures to remove person details.

Front: https://imgurupload.org/files/EB933D...9C451BD37.jpeg

Back: https://imgurupload.org/files/3A8B82...AE60C3504.jpeg

Comment

I was staying at a hotel in Birmingham and believed that the car park on sight belonged to the hotel. It wasn’t until I asked the receptionist at the hotel when I informed that it didn’t belong to them and I should move it. All together I was there for about 20 minutes. There was signs in the car park but unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures of it. I revived a few letters from parking eye but I ignored them as I didn’t think they would chase it up. I want to know whether I have a defence based on the fact that I didn’t know the car park didn’t belong to the hotel and there wasn’t any signs saying what property the car park belonged to. Or the fact that £185 is extortionate and is a unfair amount to pay for only 20 mins. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Comment

So your defence will include that when you were told you were in the wrong car park you declined PEs offer to park and moved elsewhere.

The signs were also unclear about the location being part of the hotel

Comment

Thank you I will write and draft and post it here for you to check.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X