• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP.. Recieved Parking Fine Court Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP.. Recieved Parking Fine Court Letter

First time posting here.
    Last year I parked in a private car park and decided to get my 4yr old child out of the car and into his pushchair... I started walking to my destination whilst trying to pay for parking via app.. however the app would not load even though my internet was working fine. After 35 mins of trying the app suddenly started working and I paid for the parking ticket for my stay.

However I received parking fine letters from civil enforement which I decided to ignore all along.

Received a county court letter few days back with a issue date of 27th july. Today I have filed a AOS online.

Any help will be much appreciated on how to take it from here.
    Tags: None

Its hard to advise because you appear to be admitting the offence with mitigating circunstances?

echat11

Comment

Hi BOROLAD1

Thank you ENGLANDPI

You say your '4 year old child out of the car', where you taking him / her to the doctors etc, that could be 'mitigating circumstances'. You could also see if your internet history will help you to show that you attempted to 'pay parking via the app', but wouldn't go through immediately.

Comment

This was a genuine issue.

The parking app was not working and as soon as it started working (35mins after parking) I paid the parking fee.

Infact the amount I paid covered the full time I was parked there. I.e the ticket was bought 35 mins after I arrived at the car park... But when I exited the car park I still had 50 mins remaining in my ticket.

I will be sending SAR today
        Surely they can't do me for their app not working... And on top of that it's not as if I didn't pay at all or was intending to skip paying.

Comment

Your device should also show what time you accessed the app etc.

Comment

Unfortunately this parking issue was from a while back and since I have changed mobile phone.

The time of the parking was evening time when doctors or other datetime places are closed.

I know this is probably a hard one to solve compared to other parking fine issues bit this is really stressing me out.

I have copied and pasted the SAR template from this forum... Do I just enter my details to it and send to civil enforement address?

Comment

Originally posted by Borolad81 View Post
              Unfortunately this parking issue was from a while back and since I have changed mobile phone.

The time of the parking was evening time when doctors or other datetime places are closed.

I know this is probably a hard one to solve compared to other parking fine issues bit this is really stressing me out.

I have copied and pasted the SAR template from this forum... Do I just enter my details to it and send to civil enforement address?
              Yes, they have 30 days to respond to your SAR request.

Even though you have changed phones, your internet provider might still be able to provide the information requested. You could send them a SAR, see what they send.

Comment

Do I also need to send a CPR 31.14? If so what information should I put in the red highlighted text and the particulars?

Comment

Originally posted by Borolad81 View Post
                  Do I also need to send a CPR 31.14? If so what information should I put in the red highlighted text and the particulars?
                  No, not unless you are dealing with credit card debts etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X