• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judgement for Claimant Letter PRA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judgement for Claimant Letter PRA

Hi all.

Please would someone be able to help me, I’m an absolute mess after opening this letter today.

Story cut short. I have a payment plan with PRA. I’ve had to move out of my house due to relationship breakdown. I’ve picked this up today and it floored me. There’s no other letter to accompany it. I’ve been working so hard to get my credit score improved I’m also trying to rent and in addition to that join the police, and the thought of this now hanging over my head has me sick to my stomach.

I can see that I’ve missed two payments but I’ve paid 3 x after these!? I’ve had no coms other than this letter.

I have done as the pinned post suggested and try to log on to the site on the letter, but it asked for a password that’s not on that letter?

What do you make of it?

I don’t know wether to call PRA and see what’s happened or call the number on the letter.

Any advice would be so greatfuly received.

Thank you you in advance
    Tags: None

Letter attached
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi EmmaCole

Firstly try not to worry.
      Did you update PRA with your new address when you moved? (as you've received the Judgement letter),
      Could it be that other letters from PRA has been sent to your previous address in error?

Comment

Hi. Thank you for your response.

No I hadn’t, mainly because it’s only just happened and it was only going to be my temporary address but being completely honest on top of everything I was dealing with it was the last thing on my mind. Especially considering I thought everything was running as it should.

I’ve double checked all of my post and there is definitely no other letter.

Will PRA have anything to do with me anymore? I don’t know if calling them and explaining the situation to them would help. I would never have ignored the initial letter under normal circumstances.

I’m absolutely devastated

Comment

MIKE770
          Last edited by echat11; 1st August 2021, 16:02:PM.

Comment

Here's some information on CCJ's, there are a couple of options -

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...credit-rating/

It might be an idea to send PRA a SAR, they have 30 days to provide you with all the data they hold on your account. You'll be able to see what letters etc they've sent previously.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

As you've made payments after the missed payments, you can write to them to explain the situation, send it recorded delivery.

Comment

Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X