• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Case deriving from ICL ltd debt sold to PRAC/BW Legal/Perch Capital etc - stay advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case deriving from ICL ltd debt sold to PRAC/BW Legal/Perch Capital etc - stay advice

Hello to Legal Beagles
    I have been going through the County Court process thanks to a claim from PRAC/BW Legal/Perch Capital against me, regarding a debt originally from ICL ltd (TA/ PayDay Express etc), from 2013, which was sold onto them and which they obtained a CCJ against me while I was living in Australia between 2016-2018. Through the ICL Ltd complaints process, and the Scheme of Settlement, the entire original debt was found to have been lent irresponsibly and I was awarded a substantial sum in redress (of which due to the terms of the Scheme of Settlement only 4.3% has actually been paid so far). However ICL Ltd sold on my debt to PRAC/BW Legal/Perch Capital, who then obtained the CCJ against me. Unlike all other secondary debt collectors and agencies in the ICL Ltd settlement process, PRAC/BW Legal/Perch Capital were not willing to come to an agreement around equitable set off of debts originally accrued to ICL Ltd, and inspite of the irresponsible lending involved in the original debt, continue to press for the debt, and have refused set off. I of course have made a further complaint to PRAC/BW Legal/Perch Capital and will make a complaint to the FOS, based on equitable set off in such a case. However I have a Court Hearing on the subject on Friday (9th July), which has been long postponed by the pandemic, and I would like any advice at all, on how to apply to get the case temporarily stayed, permanently stayed, or to get the District Judge to dismiss PRAC/BW Legal/Perch Capital's case on the equitable set off grounds, since the two debts are so closely connected it would be 'manifestly unjust' if the original was actually extinguished due to irresponsible/unfair lending, but the second were still enforced. I am sorry for the query, but I have been fighting PRAC/BW Legal/Perch Capital through the County Court for a couple of years now, and I have never in that time had the funds to apply normally for it to be stayed, or to employ a solicitor to help me. I should say I have no intention of paying them a penny, have no assets which they could extract from me, a helpful finance officer for my employer (so far as any attempt to apply an attachment of earnings), and since they have ruined my credit rating already, nothing to lose, so am willing to try any gambit/strategy necessary. I would be grateful for any advice, suggestions, or pointers to information or case examples/histories elsewhere.

Robert
    Tags: None

please edit and make paragraphs (spacing) to make it readable

Comment

My apologies Mike, this was my first post here was not aware of etiquette involved in posting on the forum.

I have been going through County Court with claim from PRAC/BW Legal/Perch Capital against me, regarding debt originally incurred with ICL ltd (T.A PayDay Express etc), from 2013, which was sold onto PRAC/BW Legal/Perch Capital who obtained a CCJ against me while I was living in Australia between 2016-2018.

Through the ICL Ltd complaints process, and the Scheme of Settlement, the entire original debt was found to have been lent irresponsibly and I was awarded a substantial sum in redress (of which due to the terms of the Scheme of Settlement only 4.3% has actually been paid so far).

Unlike all other secondary debt collectors and agencies in the ICL Ltd settlement process, PRAC/BW Legal/Perch Capital were not willing to come to an agreement around equitable set off of debts originally accrued to ICL Ltd, and in-spite of the admitted irresponsible lending involved in the original debt, continue to press for the debt, and have refused set off.

I have made a further complaint to PRAC/BW Legal/Perch Capital and will make a complaint to the FOS, based on equitable set off.

However I have a Court Hearing on the subject on Friday (9th July), which has been long postponed by the Covid 19 pandemic, and I would like any advice at all, on how to apply to get the case temporarily stayed, permanently stayed, or to get the District Judge to dismiss PRAC/BW Legal/Perch Capital's case on the equitable set off grounds, since the two debts are so closely connected it would be 'manifestly unjust' if the original was actually extinguished due to irresponsible/unfair lending, but the second were still enforced.

I am sorry for the query, but I have been fighting PRAC/BW Legal/Perch Capital through the County Court for a couple of years now, and I have never in that time had the funds to apply normally for it to be stayed, or to employ a solicitor to help me.

I am willing to try any gambit/strategy necessary. I would be grateful for any advice, suggestions, or pointers to information or case examples/histories elsewhere.

Robert

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X