• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim received Lowells help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in check date item above click and put in date of issue ob court form follow instructions from there gives deadline, do not miss any deadlines as fatal if you do!

Comment

Thanks Mike appreciate your help. Are these the only 2 things i need to send and do i put date i need to submit defence as 28 days sfter service which was 25/6/21

Comment

yes

failure of you getting in time (the norm with them) a defence would read on such a date a request for xxxx made no response etc

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          yes

failure of you getting in time (the norm with them) a defence would read on such a date a request for xxxx made no response etc
          Brilliant top man I'll let you know if i get a response and maybe ask for more help for a defence if need be. Thanks again

Comment

yes

Hi Mike I have today recieved a reply from Overdales solicitors saying

We have requested the documents relating to your account which will be forwarded ro you upon reciept.

In the meantime the claim remains outstanoutstanding and you should respond as you deem appropriate as per the instructions set out by the court. Failure to do so could result in ccj in default entered against you.

Any advice do they need to comply with the request by 23rd of july which is the date for me to file a defence.

Any help appreciated MIKE770
            Last edited by Dazzle1969; 13th July 2021, 16:03:PM.

Comment

MIKE770

Comment

what is outstanding amend draft defence to state:- a CCA request was made - to-date no response to request.
                also say CPR 31.14 outstanding you state again on such a date requested same . etc

on such a date a request for:-

​​​​​​ Example Defence submit on line few days before deadline updated.

Comment

Thanks MIKE770 appreciate that

Comment

what is outstanding amend draft defence to state:- a CCA request was made - to-date no response to request.
                    also say CPR 31.14 outstanding you state again on such a date requested same . etc

Hi MIKE770 once i complete and send this tomorrow if no response from Lowells should the court stop the case. Whats the process. Thanks again for all your help

Comment

once your defence is in they have 28 days to respond - failing which the case gets "Stayed (parked up) " until if ever they pay to un-stay it and continue, mant / many never go any further but up to claimant to decide.

Comment

once your defence is in they have 28 days to respond - failing which the case gets "Stayed (parked up) " until if ever they pay to un-stay it and continue, mant / many never go any further but up to claimant to decide.
                        Brilliant thanks. So if it gets stayed do they have to write to me again with another court letter if they wish to proceed or can they just proceed?

Comment

court system would kick in and fresh instructions would be sent to you!

Comment

MIKE770 i am completing the draft defence that you supllied if i do not believe the debt is statue barred do i remove point 7 and move the other number up. Sorry first time ive done this and it needs to be in today really. Thanks in advance

Comment

yes if you are sure any statement not true!

Comment

yes if you are sure any statement not true!
                                Sorry what does that mean. I dont understand? Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X