• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel parking services (elms legal)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel parking services (elms legal)

Hi all hope someone can help.

I’m in a bit of a sticky situation with a (stopping in a bus stop) which I pull over to pick a work colleague up and my cars left side tyres where in the bus stop. Where excel cameras where present! Received a letter from them saying i owe £30 for stopping/parking there. I appealed and they did not accept as expected. They told me that I had until the 29.12.20 to pay the fine of the reduced amount which was £30 so on the above date I paid on their website. I tried to pay but when I put my credit card details in and pressed (pay) it came up with cv2 declined! So I repeated the process and the same thing happened?! I tried a 3rd time and it then came up with this fine is now settled/closed. I checked my Tesco’s CC and there had been 4 transactions of £30 pending! I emailed EPS and sent proof of this and they replied with it will settle down and the correct amount will come out, if more is taking please contact us. I then replied with can you please check this so I know it is paid. 3 months later after no response I revived a debt letter for £120! Wow I called and they said it was my problem again wow!! They refused to listen to my complain and on many many occasions they said a manager would call me which they never did spoke to the same advisor 6 times! My stress levels were through the roof with them. Couple of months later and I received count court business letter. Elms legal acting on behalf of EPS! The fine is now at £205 and I have sent the court a part admission and elms legal have declined it instructed by EPS!!! I sent all emails and contact with excel from the time to elms and the court to prove I tried to pay on time within what they allowed me to pay the £30....... I have now just emailed the court as elms legal have told me to put a defence in and go to court. But have stated in yesterday’s email after a number of emails back and fourth that it is due in court on the 22.06.21 which was 2 days ago?!? Sorry I’ve never been through this before and I’m lost on who can help. I will post screen shots of the emails and proof of the payments I tried to do etc

would be great full for any help.

thanks Shareef
    Tags: None

You don't just email the court, you supply a defence. Your defence is that you have paid by card. Look around these pages to find a suitable defence to modify

you may ge able to sneak it in but they may already have applied for a judgement

Comment

Hi Ostell the CC company did not make the payments they stayed in pending for about 3 days then just disappeared.

Comment

Don’t no if they seen them as fraud or something but funds were available and had no reason to just not go through.

Comment

So the parking company failed to continue the process and collect the money. Or after your complaint they didn't process all the pending transactions

Comment

Hi I paid and they didn’t receive the money for whatever reason I don’t no but I think it’s because they tried to take 4 transactions of the same amount of £30. So yeah they failed to take payment before my complaint.

Comment

This is their website saying it had fail even though it was actually being taking from the card
              Attached Files

Comment

And after I tried for the second time
                Attached Files

Comment

Then I sent this
                  Attached Files

Comment

This was their response and me asking can they confirm, which then lead to no contact via email or post, until debt letter!
                    Attached Files

Comment

For 3 months until March 21

Comment

I have now received a letter from the court that the next step is mediation between myself and EPS to try and come to a conclusion and settle it. If not I will be going to court. So I spoke to my CC company Tesco’s and they have told me when something like that happens where 4 transactions show pending and don’t go out it’s because who ever you are making the payments to have not claimed the money. She advised me that the screen shot of the transactions is proof of this. So all this time abs it’s their system
                        that didn’t take the payment as Tesco’s allowed them
                        to.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X