• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Business Centre - Parking Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Business Centre - Parking Fine

Hi, everyone. I have recently been sent a claim form from the County Court Business Centre regarding a parking fine I was issued 20/08/2020.

I would appreciate some advice on how I should proceed.

I will attach some information below on everything that has occurred so far.
    Tags: None

The photos of the parking signs are from google maps. If a clearer one is needed, I will be able to get a picture tomorrow.
    Attached Files

Comment

Received a claim? Yes
      Issue Date: 18th June 2021
      Have you Acknowledged the Claim: Not Yet
      Total Amount Claimed : £250
      Claimant’s Name: I Park Services LTD
      Solicitors Firm: DCB Legal LTD
      Original Creditor: I Park Services LTD?
      Original Debt: Parking FIne???
      Particulars of Claim:
      1: The Defendant(D) is indebted to the Claimant(C) for a Parking Charge issued to vehicle /// at ///.
      2. The PCN details are 20/08/2020 42566
      3. The PCN was issued on private land owned or managed by C. The vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms on Cs signs (the contract), thus incurring the PCN.
      4. The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not. D is liable as the driver or keeper. Despite requests, the PCN is outstanding. The Contract entitles C to damages.
      AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS
      1. £160 being the total of the PCN and damages.
      2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £0.02 until judgement or sooner payment.
      3. Costs and court fees.

Comment

Cpr 31.14 request to DCBL for the PCN, images of the signs that created the alleged contract, proof that the claimant is entitled to operate on the land.
        SAR to I park services

any chance of photos of the sign with conditions?

Acknowlege the claim on, or shortly after, day 5 using the details and password on the form. Nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to court.

Comment

I can go to the car park tomorrow and take proper photos of the signs around the car park.

Do I submit a CPR 31.14 and SAR request before or after acknowledging the claim to the court? Or does it not matter?

Comment

Submit as soon as possible. They have 30 days to respond to the SAR and DCBL can be troublesome

Comment

Contacted dcbl.
              also these are the signs

Comment

They sent me the documentation regarding me entering and leaving the car park. It was stamped at me being there for just over 16 minutes. This action seems abit excessive tbh.

Comment

Let's see the PCN suitably redacted but leave dates

Edit so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred.

Comment

Hope this is clear enough and all info is covered!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

I didn’t think ANPR can be used as it only shows time of entering and exiting not the actually parked time for which is chargeable?
                        I had one recently from a different company but appealed before it got to this stage and successfully had it cancelled as the parking signage didn’t comply legally. There is an Act/regulatory requirement they have to comply with and 99% don’t.

Comment

How should I proceed then?
                          Is there a way for me to get an advantageous position in all this?

Comment

So why did the driver not pay?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X