• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dcbl highview ltd county court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dcbl highview ltd county court

Hi I was wondering if I could get some advice please.

I received a debt collector letter back in April 2018 and I called DRP requesting details of the pcn as I never received the original pcn or any further reminders after from Highview Ltd. I was spoken to rudely and demanded that payment be arranged immediately or they would take me to court. I refused to pay and I requested information in the post and did not divulge on my email even though they insisted. I thought it was some kind of scam and eventually after a few months of not hearing from them I disposed of the letter but thankfully have a photo image. I since received letter from dcbl last year and again requested information by post which they failed to provide. As they failed to send any information I thought it was another scam from the same company. I received in the post a county court claim and again I wasn’t sure if it was legitimate. I checked online and realise it is genuine. I have no idea if I was the driver at the time as they never sent me the information I requested. I would really appreciate any help or guidance please.

Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

Below are the correspondences I have received. I never received the PCN from Higview
    Attached Files

Comment

Did you ever send a SAR to Highview as suggested in your thread on Pepipoo forum?

Without the original PCN it's difficult to fully formulate a defence.

Comment

Hi Ostell

Thank you for responding. No I haven’t should I do that now? I have been reading about it on here. I did send correspondence to dcbl too to request the details of original pcn like times as there is no photos included with their claim. I am just about to go online to reply but I’m not clear of what to write in terms of a defence. Yes my friend wrote on my behalf on the other website to request info on my behalf. Thank you

Comment

Is SAR subject access request and I could use the link below?

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Yes that's the link. The only people with the full amount of documents is Highview

Comment

Thank you will send that

Comment

Don't lose sight of the time impositions of the court

Comment

Have taken previous advise and have responded to gov website already for acknowledgment. Will start preparing the defence. What if higview do not respond how do I create a defence please?

Comment

You read some of the defences for Highview that also didn't have sufficient details, here and pepipoo

Comment

Oh thank you I will search for them now. I will ask my friend to check the other forum. What if highview do not respond how would I create a defence please?

Comment

Should I be requesting information from DcBl too?

Comment

ostell good morning. Are you able to advise me please if I need to send further correspondence requesting information from DcBl or would the SAR to higview suffice? Thanks

Comment

Highview have 30 days to respond to the SAR, which takes them past the time your defence has to be in.

You need to send a CPR 31.14 request to DCBL. You will probably get a refusal but send the second letter in the templates.

Have you acknowledged the claim yet?

Have you moved house recently or did you just ignore their letter?

Comment

ostell Thank you. I will get that done to dcbl but they never replied to previous correspondences.

yes I replied online and followed your advice to defend the charge. I moved house a while back. Never received the pcn or any form of communication whilst this alleged pcn was sent at the previous address from higview the first form of any communication was drp but that is when we moved to the new address. Then recently DcBl.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X