• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells / Vodafone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells / Vodafone

Hi all,

I've received a claim form relating to vodafone account that was assigned to Lowells and has now been passed to Overdale Solicitors to manage. I have sent off the relevant templates asking for a the contract and other things being referred to in the claim details.
    Tags: None

Reply to my letters as follows:

We refer to your recent email. We confirm we are working on behalf of our client Lowell Portfolio I Ltd in relation to Vodafone. As this account is a service agreement there is no requirement to complete and sign a physical agreement document in order to obtain an account of this nature. As you are probably aware, accounts of this type can be obtained by telephone, over the internet and by mail order. The terms and conditions of telecommunications contracts are considered binding upon insertion of the SIM card and the requesting of service that is implicit in doing this, evidenced by phone usage costs, which forms part of the outstanding balance. As a County Court Claim Form was issued to you on xxxxx, at this stage, you are required to respond to the form as you see fit. If you are disputing this matter, please fill in the Defence and Counterclaim section. Please be aware that if there is no response within the next 14 days, a default judgment may be applied for.

Yours sincerely

Overdales

Comment

Hi, does anyone have any ideas on how I should proceed with this. I have logged into moneyclaim online and said I intend to defend in full but in the absence of them giving me anything about the account they claim to now own I don't see what I can say. Surely they have to disclose documents referred to even if it is not a credit agreement.

Comment

CPR 31.14 Request

Comment

Thanks Mike. I sent them this template and they've basically told me to bog off and file my defence.

Comment

Make sure you make sure the court know of the refusal and ask the court for permission to amend your defence when the details are supplied and at cost to the claimant

Comment

Didn't have a clue what I was doing with this as they say it isn't a CCA case. There isn't much on here relating to mobile phone accounts. I've negotiated to pay 35% of their claim. Matter now resolved and court action ended.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X