• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defended claim, now received proposed allocation to small claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defended claim, now received proposed allocation to small claims

After lodging defence, I have today, 16/3, received court letter proposing to allocate to small claims track.

The boxes seem self explanatory - im avaivable anytime for a hearing, no expert witnesses, no solicitor on my side.

I defended on basis of statute barred, denied claimants statement that i made a payment 5 years ago and that pre action protocol was not followed.

I've already asked hoist portfolio for SAR, CCA and full details of that alleged payment 2 or 3 weeks ago. Hoist have acknowledged my requests but haven't supplied anything yet.

The letter states mediation is still possible - but does mediation mean to agree a payment plan?

I dont want a payment plan if I can avoid it. I want the court to throw the claim out (or whatever its called), as unenforcible and Hoist to run off into the sunset.

Without the info from hoist, I dont know for sure if i'm on a winner or loser.

Am I right to complete the allocation questionaire and wait for the hearing (without mediation)?

And hope, while i'm waiting, Hoist realise they dont have the records and withdraw/discontinue the claim?

(I feel like I'm playing poker but dont know the rules)

Thanks for ALL help.
    Tags: None

So you mediate but then you state that you haven't got required documents from the claimant. The claimant has to prove the debt, not you prove you don't owe.

Comment

UPDATE.
      So, back in March I emailed back the Directions Questionaire to court.

I ticked the box for mediation and noted that Howard Cohen also ticked it.

Didnt hear anything until today, 28th June, from the court. Allocated to Small Claims and a form saying hearing on 13th July.

No mediation call took place.

I guess not the end of the world but have 2 questions.

1. The form asks for all the paperwork I will rely upon at the hearing - send to the court and the claimant, Howard Cohen.

There is nothing new since mine and the claimants evidence and statements back in March.

Do I have to resend everything?

2. I made a CPR request back in March/April but never received anything or CCA back. does that help me?

Reminder - Im arguing its statute barred. They issued a claim to the wrong address about 3 months before it became statute barred. I provided proof of address and got the ccj set aside. Added to that, they havent provided a copy of the CCA. Have I good chances of winning do you think?

Massive thanks for yr help.

Comment

Do what the courts are requesting,even if it is a pain.

Comment

I'll reattach my defence papers to an email to court.

How do I supplement my defence - just write in the body of the email?

I want to highlight no reply to my CPR 31.14 request, no proper details of an alledged payment by me and no letter of claim received.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X