• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent Help Defence struck out Lowell CIJ letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Defence struck out Lowell CIJ letter

Hi
    I'm looking for some advice and have been recommended to ask here
    My mother received a court claim from Lowell which we denied and sent a defence / requested all the agreement paperwork from Lowell etc
    We never got any of this paperwork from them just a letter saying they would .

The defence was filed at the start of December today we got a brown letter inside is CIJ from the court saying we didn't respond with a defence and have to pay the amount
    I have logged on to the money claim site and it says the defence was rejected on the 26th of Feb and the defence is struck out

I phoned straight away the county court after waiting 20 minutes spoke to girl with an awful attitude . Who said we didn't respond to the questionnaire however we never got a questionnaire from them . She said we had been sent 2 . I asked for proof and tracking she said i must contact royal mail i asked to speak to a manger or someone who can help someone else and she said i must write to them and hung up.

I'm really not sure what to do , Surely this is not even legal .
    All we got since the defence was filled was a copy of Lowells questionnaire and a letter from Lowell saying they had received are request for the agreement etc

It seems very suspicious

Could anyone offer any advise

Many Thanks
    Tags: None

You should apply to have the county court judgement set aside on the grounds, you didn’t get the paperwork. Unfortunately, the courts are not working as well as they did and neither is the post office due to the pandemic..

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X