• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Missed deadline for defence submission by 2 days. Have I blown it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed deadline for defence submission by 2 days. Have I blown it?

Hi. Hope I'm posting in the correct place.

I'm new to the forum & looking for some advice please.

I received a County Court Claim form in relation to a parking ticket on private land. The claim was dated 22nd December 2020.

I completed the online acknowledgement of service within 14 days. That gave me until the 24th January to submit my defence. (22nd Dec date of letter + 5 days+28 days)?

EXCEPT, in my head I wrongly calculated the latest date for submission as the 26th January!

To my horror I realised today I'd worked the date out wrong & have only just summitted my signed defence today (26th Jan 2021) which means it's 2 days late!

I can't believe I made that careless, stupid error & I'm gutted because I put so much work into it & I thought I had a really good case!

Have I blown any chance at all of defending my case (guessing I have) or is there anything at all I can do now to help?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. H.
    Tags: None

Probably not, the courts are a bit slow. If the defence was in before anyone noticed it was late then it will probably be accepted. Look on line and see wht the status of the case is.

How did you submit, email or snail mail?

Comment

Thanks for your reply OSTELL. I sent it today at 15:00hrs by email. The defence document was in PDF format & signed. Do you think sending by email will decrease my chances as it'll be dated?

Comment

I've checked online & the claim history just shows the date when the AOS was submitted & show the defence as being received today

Comment

So it looks as though you are in luck.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X