• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP&ADVICE NEEDED: County Court Business Centre ParkingEye Parking CHARGE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP&ADVICE NEEDED: County Court Business Centre ParkingEye Parking CHARGE

HELP&ADVICE NEEDED: County Court Business Centre ParkingEye Parking CHARGE

Received a claim? Yes/No: YES
    Issue Date: 11th Jan 2021
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: YES -14th Jan 2021
    Total Amount Claimed : £200
    Claimant’s Name: ParkingEYE LTD (38-40 Eaton Ave, Buckshaw Village, Chorley, PR7 7NA)
    Solicitors Firm: Jayne Leonard?
    Original Creditor: Unsure
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Private parking fine
    Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
    Claim for monies outstanding from the defendant in relation to Parking Charge (ref xxxxx) issued on 31/03/2020. The signage is clearly displayed throughout 6 Beaconsfield Road Southall, UB1 1DW states that this is private land, managed by ParkingEye Ltd, and that it is subject to terms and conditions, including the payment of parking tariffs, by which those who park agree to be bound (the contract). ParkingEye's ANPR system captured vehicle REGPLATE entering and leaving with the site on 26/03/2020 and parking without a valid paid parking ticket. Pursuant to Sch 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, notice has been given to the registered keeper, making them liable for the Parking Charge payable upon breach. As no response was received, an alternative service address was obtained and further correspondence issued (CPR 6.9(3)).

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): NO
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): ignored
    Any Other Information or Background Details:

Hi guys

I hope you are all keeping well.
    Today I received a county court letter regarding a fine from parking eye on 6 beaconsfield at, Southall.

My wife and I had both gone to this car park that week (fine was on the 26th of March 2020), and neither of us had paid (all street / car parks had been free at the time during covid). We are both NHS key workers (I am a doctor and she is in Ops) and right by the car park, there was a restaurant giving away food for NHS staff, and so we had gone separately to get this (we work at hillingnosn which is about 10 mins away).

My wife has a blue badge and didn’t think to check the sign properly. I myself was with a colleague so was in a rush. We are not sure who actually drove that day. My wife was 3 months pregnant and had baby brain lol (we have since had our little girl in September!). Since then I have forgotten about it as I have been flat out to be honest with you. My wife has been on maternity leave since late august so she also can’t remember.

We now have received the county court paperwork and it has made us quite anxious. They are after £175 and to be honest with you, we can’t afford that right now with a single income household and a baby, and I am junior doctor so my salary is just enough to pay bills until my wife can go back to work.

Do I have any chance of beating this? I am desperate for help and any advice you can give me is so appreciated.

Note: my wife’s blue badge is for an invisible disability she has (we are both in our late 20s). She was also pregnant at the time of this fine being issued.

I have now acknowledged the claim through the online portal and need some help and support to proceed.

ANy advice and support would be so appreciated. Thank you ever so much in advance.
    Tags: None

Why have you started a second thread when you have answers in the original?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X