• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim received, question about added legal costs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim received, question about added legal costs.

Hey guys, hope everyone is well.

Tough time for me, received a county court claim a couple of days before Xmas.

Seems my landlord is taking me to court despite making an agreement with me and me paying them, they served me notice, which is 6 months and they tried to bully me to leave early, when I said I couldn't, the landlord told me they would take me to court for the full amount of rent, interest, rent increase and rent for the next 6 months. Crazy.

So I received the claim, the total is a high (over £30k).

Within the claim the particulars state that the amounts they are collecting, they have also added legal costs within he total.

My question is, is this legal cost allowed to be added to the total?

Is it not a case that they should take me to court and if they win they then raise a further suing for legal costs?

Hope you can help.

As a side note, of course I will defend the claim, I have all the proof necessary to fight this in full, however if there is a way to throw this out of court it would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Can any one help?
    Thank you in advance.

Comment

So why is he asking for 6 months in advance? What does your rental agreement say?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        So why is he asking for 6 months in advance? What does your rental agreement say?
        Hi, thanks for the reply.

My issue is not the 6 months in advance.

My question is can the claimant include their legal costs within the actual claim?

Thanks.

Comment

yes but subject to judge allowing the said amounts

Comment

Ok, just to clarify the legal costs are part of the amount claimed, they are not a separate "legal representatives cost"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X