• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form received from Hoist Finance 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form received from Hoist Finance 3

Hi,
    I've recently received a claim form from Hoist Finance 3 regarding a credit card debt of roughly £1,800. The debt is not statute barred.

I have acknowledged the service online.
    I have prepared a CPA and CPR request for Hoist and a CPR request to their solicitors (Howard Cohen). Both using the templates from this site - Thank you! I'll get the postal orders and get them sent recorded, signed for tomorrow.

The POC is as follows:
    The Claim is for the sum of £******* arising from the Defendants breach of a regulated consumer credit agreement referenced under No.************.
    The Defendant has failed to remedy the breach in accordance with a Default Notice issued pursuant to ss.87(1) and 88 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant claims that the sums due from the Defendant following the legal assignment of the agreement from Bank of Scotland plc (EX HALIFAX PLC)
    Written notice of the assignment has been given.
    The Claimant Claims
    1. The sum of £**********
    2. Costs

I have a couple of weeks to sort a defence and would appreciate any help available.

Many thanks,

Tags: None

Today I received a response to my CCA request. Interestingly it was from Robinson Way, not Hoist 3 who I sent the CCA request to.

It says that they contacted Halifax to obtain the info I requested and that Haifa’s have instructed them to return my account back to Halifax and that Robinson Way are no longer dealing with my account.

Has anyone else had this happen?

The time limit for filing my defence is up this week. I’m still going to file my defence as I don’t trust that it’s not a ploy to get me to not file and therefore enable them to get a judgement by default.

Comment

And state on such a date CCA request made still out standing

Comment

How bizarre. Did you receive a notice of assignment ever?
        But definitely continue to defend the claim within timescales, the courts are a mess right now so don't take any chances.
        Sounds like Halifax have taken the account back, unsure why at this moment but I'm sure you will hear more shortly.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I’ve never received a notice of assignment.

I submitted my defence to all parties in time. I’ve still not received anything back from the CCA though (just the puzzling letter saying that Halifax would be taking the account back).

Today I’ve received a letter saying that Hoist will be continuing with the claim and that I’ll receive a directions questionnaire in due course. There is also the usual paragraph offering to settle the claim.

Can they proceed without providing me with the necessary documents to defend my claim? Or is this just brinkmanship to try and coerce me into a settlement?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X