• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Business Centre claim from Lowell Portfolio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Business Centre claim from Lowell Portfolio

Hello guys

I am in need of help!

So I have received a claim form from the County Court Business Centre in regards to Lowell Portfolio, originally a debt from Vanquis.

The total debt was for £2966.29 and with added court costs and solicitors fees it now comes to £3468.59

The credit card was taken out in October 2012 and last payment was made on it around March 2017. The account went into default in December 2017.

The debt was passed from debt collector to debt collector and I have now received this claim.

My first instinct was to admit the claim and try to arrange a payment plan, but with such a small income it couldn't possibly be more than about £10 per month.

I desperately want to avoid a CCJ if possible as I have worked hard to try and get my credit back on track with only this debt remaining looming over my head.

I have acknowledged the claim on the MCOL and I did fill out the admission form and the accompanying expense form and it is clear to see that I have very little left after expenses.

My question is, am I right to send off the admission form and offer £5 per month and will they give me a CCJ anyway?

Thank you for your help guys

Tags: None

Just a quick update ...

I have just completed the AOS on the MCOL website. What now?

Comment

Another quick update! I am currently working on the forms as advised in other forums. My question is, what is the account number? I have a claim number but not account number?

Comment

The account number should be mentioned on the claim form and in ore action letters. It is the Lowell account number given to your former Vanquis account. Quite separate from the claim number on the court letters.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Just_Keys View Post
          Hello guys

I desperately want to avoid a CCJ if possible as I have worked hard to try and get my credit back on track with only this debt remaining looming over my head.

I have acknowledged the claim on the MCOL and I did fill out the admission form and the accompanying expense form and it is clear to see that I have very little left after expenses.

My question is, am I right to send off the admission form and offer £5 per month and will they give me a CCJ anyway?

Thank you for your help guys
          Lets see if they can produce the correct documents first, but you can contact them to arrange a payment plan as settlement and you will not get a CCJ. They will draft a Tomlin Order instead which means that so long as you keep up with the payment plan, the CCJ will not be applied.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post

Lets see if they can produce the correct documents first, but you can contact them to arrange a payment plan as settlement and you will not get a CCJ. They will draft a Tomlin Order instead which means that so long as you keep up with the payment plan, the CCJ will not be applied.
            Hi Celestine,

Thank you so much for your reply. So, so far I am on the right track? I think I have found the account number.

So one copy is going to Lowell Portfolio with a £1 postal order and one copy to the solicitors which is Lowell Solicitors but without the postal order.

Is this right?

Comment

Hi guys

So I have completed the letters to be sent to both Lowell Portfolio and Lowell Solicitors. Is the letter exactly the same for both?

Also, shall I send them tomorrow morning by recorded delivery?

Comment

if you send letters to lowells they pass to lowells solicitors anyway mostly internal desk next floor

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                  if you send letters to lowells they pass to lowells solicitors anyway mostly internal desk next floor
                  So I shouldn't send to both?

Comment

The CPR request should go to Lowell Solicitors and the CCA request to Lowell who are the creditor now and hold the duties to comply with CCA requests (although they will have to refer back to Vanquis) - Lowell Solicitors will indeed ask their client, Lowell Portfolio to comply with the CPR request for essentially the same documents. So send both letters.

Comment

Hi guys

So I received a response yesterday from Lowell Solicitors and I'm unsure of what I need to do now.

The letter says:

Current Balance: {3468.59
                      We refer to the above and write in reference to your recent letter dated 10 November 2020.
                      "The outstanding balance is as stated above and relates to a former Vanquis account which was opened on 2 October [IMG]file:///C:/Users/knewm/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image006.jpg[/IMG]2012. The original creditor last received payment on 5 May 2017 for the value of fl.00. The date that the default was reported to the Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) was around 29 December 2017 and we can see that the balance as of this date was {2,966.29.We can confirm that any contact numbers we held on the account for you have now been removed in line with your request
                      Please note, we have requested further documentation from the original creditor, and will contact you upon receipt of their response.
                      In the meantime, a County Court Claim has been issued against you as you have failed to repay your debt or contact us to agree a suitable resolution to this matter.
                      You should respond to the County Court Claim as per the guidance on the form.
                      Respond to the Claim online
                      You can respond to the County Court Claim online when you register an account at www.lowellsolicitors.co.uk. You'll have options to pay the balance in full, check affordability using our Budget Calculator and much more without having to give us a call.
                      If you'd like to talk to a member of our helpful team, please call between 9:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday on 0113 335 3334.
                      If you do not respond to the County Court Claim within the time specified by the Court, we may apply to the Court to enter a County Court Judgment (CCJ) against you"

What do I need to do now?

Thanks so much for your help

Keeley

Comment

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-court-claims/

You need to get your defence submitted then. Follow the link above for a template and feel free to paste your version here (redacted).

Comment

Thank you. I will get his typed up. But how do I submit this?

Comment

Originally posted by Just_Keys View Post
                            Thank you. I will get his typed up. But how do I submit this?
                            Which court at you dealing with?
                            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post

Which court at you dealing with?
                              County Court Business Centre but the address is Northampton so I'm assuming it's that?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X