• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

First Parking LLP county court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Parking LLP county court claim

Hi,

I received 2 parking tickets at university on separate occasions in April and May 2019 from 2 different car parks owned by First Parking LLP. After reading online I ignored all letters and now have a court letter through. I live away from home now however all of these letters have gone to my mums address 100 miles away as that is still my registered address. She opened the first one so when similar ones came through with the same return address on the back, I knew they would be parking letters and I asked her not to open them. I opened them all at once several months later and binned them. I didn’t communicate or dispute these claims at all, but now I am extremely worried as it’s going to court. Any advice? Do I pay in full now by going into my overdraft? The first fine was for a £5 all day ticket that I did not buy and the second one was for a £1 all day ticket (weekend) that I totally forgot to buy as I pay on my phone usually and received a phone call at the time! I have several transactions on my phone of tickets I had previously paid for which is why this is so frustrating, although I fully accept that I chose not to pay for the first £5 ticket.

There is no evidence that I was the driver (although I did attend that university during that time).

The total claim costs are now £442.69 (£50 legal rep costs, £35 court fee, £357.69 amount claimed). I have SEVEN more days to respond to this court letter. I need to protect my credit file at all costs and feel so stupid for letting it get this far. Do I have any sort of defence at all?

Any advice or directions to threads would be appreciated!!
    Tags: None

If this is a form from Northampton then acknowledge the claim online using the details and password on the form. This will give you 33 days form the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

So you can dispute the charge £200 max for the parking charges they are claiming from the keeper. Anything above that is possibly an abuse of process.

Ignoring has not been the advice since 2012.

Since you don't have the PCNs any more then a letter to the solicitor requesting all the documents that they intend to use in court in order to narrow the issues between you as expected by the courts. Since they must have the documents to hand to raise the claim then you expect them by return or in any case within 7 days.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Sorry what do you mean dispute the charge £200 max? Is there any way I can negotiate with them on cost or is it too late now?

Comment

If it's in court then you have to put it in your defence. Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 limits the amount they can claim from the keeper to the amount if the initial PCN

Pictures of the signs might help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X