• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA County court claim urgent help needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA County court claim urgent help needed please

Hi All, posted this accidentally in the welcome forum yesterday, Celestine kindly responded but still looking for advice to make sure I don't make a mistake. please see below. PRA County court claim urgent help needed please

Yesterday, 12:12:PM
    Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date:10/9/20
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: yes
    Total Amount Claimed : £3506.50
    Claimant’s Name: PRA GROUP LTD
    Solicitors Firm:N/A
    Original Creditor:MBNA
    Original Debt :Credit Card
    Particulars of Claim:
    Is the debt Statute Barred : No
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): CCA Request sent and acknowledged.

Hi all really hoping someone can give advice. I received a county claim pack from Northampton county court and my 33 days are up on Tuesday 12th October, I acknowledged the claim pack within the 14 days but nothing more.

On 14/9 I received a response from PRA about the CCA request, I was informed that they would the account on hold and cease any further collection activity while they obtain the information. The county court claim has not been placed on hold and today I have received an email from UK-ILDSolutions@PRAGroup which had .7s file attachment that at first I could not open, once I managed to open it the file contains are a number of old MBNA credit card statements which are from the last 6 months before the debt was sold on, they are photo copies and include the usual details of payment methods etc on the back, but they are not the original agreement I've asked for. Does this comply as completing the CCA request or should they be sending me a physical document in the post?, Celestine has kindly advised that this does not comply with the CCA request but I've read elsewhere that the fact the statements have my name, address and transaction details that it does in a way comply.

I've requested a copy of the deed of assignment but PRA Group are declining this as they claim it contains sensitive commercial information, is this correct or are they bluffing me?

I'm not sure if this is PRA using scare tactics in order to get me to make contact or what I'm supposed to do, please can someone help as i only have days left before I'm out of time on the county court claim.

I find it odd that they would send me docs via email and not in physical format, am i mistaken and is this acceptable?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Tags: None

You need to do what the court says at all times & ignore what Prac infers .

So you need to file your full defence & state in that defence what you have done & the problems you are having including no documents received.

Comment

Thanks, PRA are inferring that what they have supplied complies with the CCA request and therefore i cannot use the lack of documents as a defence - i will post the correspondence from them to give a clearer picture.

Comment

they could supply anything and state that BUT is it correct with all the necessary contents as per Regulation??? if I stated the moon was made of cheese would you believe it? PRA and all the cash cowing state that as 98% of people do not know that a proper agreement has to conform to regulation!

Comment

Please see attached docs (edited for privacy of course), letter confirming receipt of CCA request and the statements sent in response to said CCA request.. I suspect that this in no way conforms whatsoever, also the statements sent to me are from the last 6 months of the account - is it likely that nothing now exists from before that?

Should i be sending off a CPR request to back up the CCA?
          Attached Files

Comment

No. CCA just t&c &statement. Far from complying

Comment

Thanks everyone, forgive my naivety should i now file my defence to to county court explaining that PRA have not complied with the CCA request? would it be worth attaching the response from PRA explaining they were ceasing all collection activity until further notice? i'm very green to this so really appreciate your time and advice.

Comment

they can stop themselves but you cannot, that is their prerogative but meantime only a court can stop proceedings etc they have the opportunity to discontinue or carry on and they have to stick to court procedures, you do not give court any copies of letter s at this stage" , so slow down and read threads toi get an idea how the cowboys try to fool the public!

Comment

Thanks MIKE770, Can you make a suggestion of what i should do from here, what i should put in my defence? Also i've read elsewhere about sending PRA a CPR31.14 regarding the evidence given on the claim, Should i do this now or wait to see their response to the defence?

Comment

should of sent but do so now just mention what is stated in N1 court form nothing else = this can be done later in proceedings, get a defence in a day or so before deadline, in defence stating on such a date a CCA request was requested (and if out standing) state no response received, CPR can just state sent date nothing else at this stage. follow all court instructions not claimants especially they try to fool you! CPR 31.14 Request

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll get my defence in today and send off the CPR31.14 to PRA Group.

Comment

CPR to issuing solicitor = proof of posting

Comment

Thanks, CPR has gone recorded delivery to address of PRA Solicitor on county court docs.

Comment

Hi all, just an update on the above, I've had a response today from PRA's Solicitors whom i sent the CPR letter to simply saying the following :

'We write further to confirm receipt of your defence, We have written to the court and wish to inform you that we intent to proceed with the claim.'

Nothing other than that, No deed of assignment, reconstituted agreement or anything relating to the CCA or CPR requests? is this another scare tactic or are they relying on the old credit card statements as evidence?

Comment

Originally posted by paulo671067 View Post
                              Hi all, just an update on the above, I've had a response today from PRA's Solicitors whom i sent the CPR letter to simply saying the following :

'We write further to confirm receipt of your defence, We have written to the court and wish to inform you that we intent to proceed with the claim.'

Nothing other than that, No deed of assignment, reconstituted agreement or anything relating to the CCA or CPR requests? is this another scare tactic or are they relying on the old credit card statements as evidence?

Just another one of those things. Just do what the court says.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X