• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

delete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delete

Last edited by mush122; 29th September 2020, 09:38:AM.
    Tags: None

Last edited by mush122; 29th September 2020, 09:39:AM.

Comment

There's a reason why we ask you to post the particulars of claim verbatim because there might be something in there that's a smoking gun. The fact you've shortened it doesn't really help because we don't have sufficient information to decide what your best arguments are.

For example, we don't know if the particulars state when you actually entered into the agreement with T-Mobile, because T-Mobile was taken over by Orange and then eventually became EE - If I remember, T-Mobile as a company was no more around 2010 although EE did continue the brand for several years after. So it's possible depending on when the payments failed, the claim could be time-barred - in other words, smoking gun. That's why we ask for them to be posted verbatim and not cut down depending on what you think is important information.

Your defence, without trying to be rude is pretty shoddy and is just a bunch of denials without explaining why you are denying the claim. The rest of it is unnecessary bumpf. and will not help you or the court in arguing your case.

If you don't file a defence by 4pm today, Lowell can request a default judgment which, if granted means you need to pay the amount within one month or face having a CCJ on your file for 6 years. Having said that, I would be very surprised if Lowell apply for default judgment immediately at 4.01pm because the courts are usually working around 1-2 weeks behind in terms of processing (maybe longer). So if they asked for judgment and you already filed your defence then there would be cost consequences for them and a damages claim for you. You could in theory have the rest of the day to file a defence and send it by email and still be ok but whether you do or not is entirely your risk.

Given the short time, you should focus on:
      • You don't recall ever entering into a contract with T-Mobile. Lowell is required to provide evidence that a contract was entered into.
      • Notwithstanding the point above, even if a contract is entered into with T-Mobile (which you deny), then a claim for any for breach of contract is time-barred on the basis that the company T-Mobile ceased operations circa 2010. Therefore any breach of contract is likely to have occurred prior to this date.
      • Lowell claims that the alleged debt was assigned to them on 31/10/16 but no notice was given to you. Lowell must provide evidence that the claim was assigned and that such notice of was given to you and on what date prior to the claim being issued.

There is some example wording for the statute barred reference and notice of assignment which you can find here.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Last edited by mush122; 29th September 2020, 09:40:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X