• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell county court claim PLEASE HELP.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell county court claim PLEASE HELP.

Hi I received a county court claim letter yesterday the 19th September 2020. I have read through a few threads on here of others stories but I'm slightly baffled as what to do. I have so far acknowledged through MCOL, I'm not entirely sure where to go from here? I've read about sending letters etc but unsure what to send who and what to say I'm also confused if I write in the letters the words claiment/defendant or would I write my own name and Lowell? Sorry if I seem stupid but never been through this process before. I'm looking to write the letters today and send early tomorrow so really need help ASAP. Any help is appreciated thank you.
    Tags: None

You started another thread??

Comment

Do not rush be back on later

Comment

Details

Comment

Hi Mike770 thanks for responding when you say details do you mean the particulars written on the claim form?

Comment

I haven't started another thread just this one I only just signed up beforehand. Maybe you have confused me with another member

Comment

Particulars of claim

1) The claim comprises the following
              Agreements the defendant entered into:
              a. Hutchinson 3g UK limited
              With reference ********** and
              current balance of £120.32
              b. Vanquis bank
              With reference **************** and
              Current balance of £1137.00
              The Agreements were terminated as payments were not maintained and subsequently
              assigned to the claimant.
              And the claimant claims:
              a) the total of said sums being £1257.32
              b) interest pursuant to s69 county courts act
              1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the
              Date of assignment to the date of issue, but
              limited to one year, being £99.09
              c) costs

I have no recollection of these accounts.

Comment

@ostell

Comment

Is anyone able to help me with this?

Comment

MIKE770 can you advise me if when writting the letter's I refer to claimant/defendant as exactly that or would it be my name and Lowell? I just need an answer to this and I'll try find my own way through it all. I was referred to this site for help please help thanks.

Comment

We are volunteers on this site, we help as and when we can, many have full time jobs but dedicate time to help others where they can, when you see@Ostell etc means the person has been requested to pop in as they may have more knowledge of the problem you have, it was the weekend also you posted, so be patient as many like people run into situations by not be patient Okay?

Comment

Hi Mike I appreciate that, sorry if I seem pushy I suffer with severe anxiety/depression I was doing ok until this court claim arrived on Saturday. My therapist advised me that when things happen to deal with them straight away and to not let linger as I've be known to stick my head in the sand in the past which always causes more issues. From what I can tell I literally have a week and half to write these letters send off and get the information back I need to ask for. And same time to put in a defence. I have no idea what to write in the letters I'm not very good at wording things. Again I apologize if I seem pushy but I mustn't let linger I will see if I can phone a help line while waiting for someone to advise me on here I'm greatful for your time.

Comment

Hold fire more haste makes matters worse they want you to panic they ply on that your case we see everyday

Comment

Celestine

Comment

Read other threads and you wil see how most deal with problem and good results or not

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X