• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received MCOL Claim from Landlord

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received MCOL Claim from Landlord

Today I received a claim from from Northampton, detailing that I owe 1 months rent. The landlord has previously been in contact with me asking about this and I have sent him bank statements showing that the money has indeed been sent.The form for some reason has my name in both the Claimant box and the defendant box.I intend to defend as paid and counterclaim for the breach of*covenant of quiet enjoyment. The landlord has repeatedly sent me messages saying that he has a system that will automatically give me a CCJ,he will chase me everywhere I go and that he will ruin my credit record. He has also let himself and two other persons into the property without my permission or any notice, I only found out when I came home from work and they were using a tape measure to size the room. The time between the first message about overdue rent and the threats was 17hrs according to my phone. Furthermore I have noticed that my deposit has been unsecured for about 2 years, it is still unsecured.
    Tags: None

Hi - The forms you've received from Northampton Court - do they have the court seal on? Just want to check this is a genuine claim as it is easy to download the forms and send. Have you logged into the MCOL portal and been able to acknowledge the claim and tick defend?
    Your landlord sounds awful. Many things he is doing breaches your rights as a tenant..*
    When you say 17 hrs between message about rent and threats - what do you mean? Did he send any pre-action letter giving you notice of a claim?
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thank you for responding so quickly, The form does have the court seal on it. I haven't yet logged into the MCOL portal and put down a AOS, I intend to do it after work today. My landlord isn't the best in the world I live in a HMO and one of the other tenants was smoking cannabis in the residence. The only thing the Landlord did was post a message in the WhatsApp group saying that he'd better stop doing that, no so surprise the other tenant hasn't stopped and the landlord hasn't taken any further action, The only physical letter I have received from him is the MCOL claim. I have received quite a few emails and text messages however none of them follow any pre-action protocol, they all just threaten different things. To be honest I did have fair warning when I waited 45 mins for him to show me the room before I began my tenancy and he never turned up.

Comment

Another interesting thing happened today, well "interesting" is the best way to put it. While I was in my room going to town on some jaffa cakes, a person knocked on my door several times. In review of recent events I decided not to answer it, as at this stage I really want all communication to be in writing. A wierd looking device came under the door and flapped around where the lock is, the previous lock had the ability to be unlocked and locked from the inside without needing a key. Luckily i had changed the locks when the landlord let himself in before. After failing a few times the person on the other side of the door took the device and went downstairs. A few moments later the power to my room went out, after waiting for quite a while I went down to take a look at the fuse board to find all switches on except for the sockets and lights for my room. I recorded the device attempting to open the door and took pictures of the switches turned off.

I'm a little stunned and not to sure what to do. As always I greatly appreciate any advice as this is kinda spiralling out of my control.

Comment

OK, thanks for the update. This situation is escalating and is not safe or secure for you.
          Please contact Shelterhttps://england.shelter.org.uk/get_help Immediately.* 0808 800 4444This is their free advice line you can call. They will provide very detailed, practical legal advice about how to challenge this dreadful behaviour. Please come back and tell us what they advise as first steps to prevent further problems.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by iLikePie View Post
            Another interesting thing happened today, well "interesting" is the best way to put it. While I was in my room going to town on some jaffa cakes, a person knocked on my door several times. In review of recent events I decided not to answer it, as at this stage I really want all communication to be in writing. A wierd looking device came under the door and flapped around where the lock is, the previous lock had the ability to be unlocked and locked from the inside without needing a key. Luckily i had changed the locks when the landlord let himself in before. After failing a few times the person on the other side of the door took the device and went downstairs. A few moments later the power to my room went out, after waiting for quite a while I went down to take a look at the fuse board to find all switches on except for the sockets and lights for my room. I recorded the device attempting to open the door and took pictures of the switches turned off.

I'm a little stunned and not to sure what to do. As always I greatly appreciate any advice as this is kinda spiralling out of my control.
            I would inform the police about the camera coming under the door & the electricity being switched off.*

That behaviour is dangerous.*

Also I would write to the court & tell them that you haven't taken yourself to court & get it stuck out.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for all the advice given.
              I contacted the police and gave a statement, they said they will investigate but I doubt much will come of it. Shelter advised that I should if possible seek accommodation elsewhere and simultaneously contact a local solicitor who can file for an injunction to stop the harassment/ attempted illegal eviction.

I have moved back to live with my parents,I'm 26 and only moved away for work (training contract as Pre-reg optometrist). Work agreed to give me unpaid leave(which was quite nice, I tried to get furlough but they declined).
              Hopefully i get a nice judge and he brings the hammer down on these morons.

Comment

Well done, good decision, I was concerned for your safety frankly. My concern now is that all paperwork pertaining to this ‘claim’ will be sent to your old address. You will need to notify the court of your parents address. These claims can take months to resolve and although this one has clearly been filed by a Neanderthal with a piece of chalk - they can still be problematic so please keep us informed of any developments.

Comment

Celestine, thank you for all the support you have given me. GBExile the same for you too.

Upon returning home, I spilled the beans of whats been going on to my family (As an idiot i was trying to fix it myself). My mother made a few phonecalls, the police forces From what they have been able to gather the landlord/management agent has been preforming Phoenixcompany fraud.

Last edited by iLikePie; 17th June 2020, 23:02:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iLikePie View Post
                    Celestine, thank you for all the support you have given me. GBExile the same for you too.

Upon returning home, I spilled the beans of whats been going on to my family (As an idiot i was trying to fix it myself). My mother made a few phonecalls,* the* police forces From what they have been able to gather the landlord/management agent has been preforming Phoenixcompany fraud.

I would be careful what you post online & suggest you delete some of it. Else you are endangering your family & the police.
                    Last edited by GBExile; 17th June 2020, 22:16:PM.

Comment

Have done thanks for the advice (:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X