• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dcb legal/observices parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dcb legal/observices parking

Evening,* hope you're all safe and well.

I received a county court claim for a parking ticket issued in September 2017.

I am unaware of what this ticket was actually for,* I've had quite a few over the years, most I appeal myself and win or just pay the discounted fee.* *So have no information regarding the ticket.*

I will post a picture of the particulars.* I have acknowledged online, do I need to ask them for more information regarding the ticket?

Thanks*
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

ostell*

rob

Comment

If you've got no information then you need to find out what you are defending. SAR to the parking company and a letter to the solicitor demanding a copy of all the documents that they intend to use in the case in order to narrow the issues between you as expected by the court. You would expect these by return and in any case within 7 days.

There is a similar case on Pepipoo, looks like they are going through their back catalogue.

Out of interest*https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...-parking-firm/

Comment

Cheers for that Ostell!

I've had a reply to my SAR

They have asked a provide a form of ID confirming my current address details.

Is this standard practice ? Is there any forms of ID I shouldn't be sending them ?

Thanks again

Comment

They are prevaricating, of course it's you, they have raised a court claim against you!
          Keep them happy and find an ID to send. You can also point out that they are already aware of your ID as they raised a claim against you at the address.

Comment

So I never did receive anything else from them.

They obviously done this to waste time as now I've had a letter from the court saying I have not replied to the claim form and they have defaulted judgment.

I'm guessing I missed the deadline to enter a defence? I was waiting to see what I was defending

So now have a CCJ in my name and have to pay just under 300 for something I have no idea about

I'd rather I had been mugged at knifepoint

Comment

Set Aside Application but does cost? sure others will comment also

@OSTELL
              VIP Member

Comment

While you were handling the SAR etc you should have continued responding to the times given in the court forms. Set aside would probably not be granted as you had the forms but chose not to respond.

Comment

They are indeed going through their back-catalogue. This week (Oct 2020) I received a 'letter of claim' from DCB re. a parking charge from Dec.2018 of which the last ever communication I had about it dated back to May 2019 - ie 17 months ago! - from Zenith Collections on that occasion. I had thought that was their last effort, but clearly they are taking pot shots under the new Pre-action protocols. I believe this is a final desperate effort to get their money, either by 1) intimidating the alleged debtor into finally paying up (the letter does like scary I admit) or 2) winning by default if we fail to reply to the letter of claim.
                  My belief is stand your ground, in the case of motorway service carparks, because it can be argued that Beavis does not apply - no legitimate reason to charge people as no danger of such carparks being overfillied/abused by local visitors, and also unconscionable on the grounds of harrassing tired motorists who have no alternative to stay there, also very often the signage is missable.shambolic especially in the dark. I do not believe they want to risk confrontations when the issue of road safety and the reputation of big companies such as Moto is at stake - imagine a newspaper case that details how some poor motorist is taken to court for oversleeping by 40 minutes (my argument, should they take it this far).
                  PS this says everything we need to know about these cowboys:
                  ''Harris, of New Road, Radley, Hertfordshire, earlier admitted 13 offences, including displaying 15 misleading signs at the site and sending letters from a debt recovery firm without revealing it was the same company as OPC.''

Comment

Hi I also have a letter before claim, I notice in your reply above you say. 2(winning by default if we fail to reply to the letter of claim.

Can they win if you fail to reply? I’ve read so many things
                    saying don’t reply or email only or don’t ring. What should I do continue to ignore then put a defence forward once I receive court papers or reply now? Thanks so much and sorry to jump on

Comment

ostell

Comment

I wish Missylittle would start her own thread rather than hijacking someone elses. It can get confusing. She can see what happens when you ignore.

Comment

I don’t understand these threads how you start new ones at all really sorry I won’t post again. And I agree for new people it’s very confusing.

Comment

It could be the button at the top of the index page that says "create a thread"

Sorry to be picky but getting two incidents intermingled can result in the wrong advice being given.

Comment

Hi mate what was the outcome of your parking ticket?
                              did it go to the county court. ? I am in the same situation with 2 county court letters that I feel like are fake?
                              be good to hear back from you and the outcome to your post

thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X