• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parkingeye county court claim Barnet Hospital

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parkingeye county court claim Barnet Hospital

Hello

I really need advice on a county court claim from Parking eye solutions

Background
    I received a parking fine at Barnet hospital (I am an A&E nurse and went for training so I parked onsite). This was last year July and I had just joined the Trust so I was unfamiliar with the parking charges for car park. I was parked for 4 hours and 33 minutes. I overstayed by 33 minutes. I paid £5.60 in total. The app I used to pay for parking only lets you insert the times you want to extend your parking so I
    assumed I paid enough, however I was required to pay an additional £1.40.

Parking at Barnet Hospital is charged at the following rates:
    • £2 for up to 1 hour
    • £3 for 1-3 hours
    • £4 for 3-4 hours
    • £7 for 4-6 hours
    • £10 for 6 hours to a maximum of 24 hours

I received a parking fine which I disputed despite showing evidence I paid twice and my intentions were not as if I didn't want to pay..They have rejected this and in January parking eye filed a county court claim. I was unwell to deal with anything at the time as I had just had major surgery and discharged from hospital so i was not in a position to deal with this in January. Parking eye have stated I owe then £197.
    I have sent them evidence of my payments back last year and also evidence that I was unwell in January to deal with anything of the sort. I told them I am willing to pay the £1.40 but not the amount stated.

Parking Eye have come back to me and told me the court claim still stands.

I am so stressed at the moment with everything going on working in A&E to even try to find strength to deal with this.

Please can anyone give me some advice on how I can dispute this charge I have received from court? Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

See your other thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X