• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Claim received from Lowell - Any help would be great thanks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Claim received from Lowell - Any help would be great thanks.

Lowell Portfolio CCJ Claim Form received

Yesterday, 19:32:PM
    Hello, thanks for the great posts and info on here. I have recieved a CCJ claim and I will enter the details here.

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date:05/03/2020
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:Yes
    Total Amount Claimed :£2100
    Claimant’s Name:Lowell Portfolio
    Solicitors Firm: Lowell Solicitors
    Original Creditor:Very
    Original Debt*Catalogue inc Buy Now Pay later:
    Particulars of Claim: 1 The defenant entered into an aagreement with Very - Littlewoods/Additions Direct which was regulated by the consumer Credit Act 1974 Under reference (Number here) on (Date in 2014)('The agreement')
    2 In breach of the agreement, the Defendant failed to mintain the required payments and the Agreement was terminated. 3}The agreement was later aassigned to the claimiant on 14/01/2019 and written notice given to the defendant. 4 Despite repeated requetsts for payment the sum of (£amount) remains due and outstamding. And the claimiants claims a) The amount and b) roughly £200 in costs and interest c) costs.
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?) Not statue barred.
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): No
    Any Other Information or Background Details:

I buried my head in the sand for a couple of years while I have had a seriously ill housebound father to help care for. I do work and I should have arranged payments so I know this is my fault. I don't want a CCJ. I don't mind paying but I don't think it seems fair they can buy a debt for a small mount then charge the full amount and costs?

I'd like them to prove the debt and see how much they paid for it.

I got confused with the dates so I don't know when my 28 days will be up, but I have acknowledged the claim and plan to defend asking them to prove the debt.
    I'm following the route of sending CCA/CPR request to Lowells and Lowells solcitors.
    If someone could take a look to see if I'm making any bad misjudgements here I would be very grateful indeed.

Thank you for looking.
    Tags: None

Should I also send a SAR request to the catalogue company?*** I have read another thread an I will be sending a SAR .**
    Last edited by Ziggus; 12th March 2020, 09:35:AM. Reason: Changed term to SAR and updated as I have found info in another thread..

Comment

Okay, Lowell replied and sent a letter that they say very had sent me.saying the debt had been assigned and that they would try and get me copies of the agreement and statement. I intend to defend as they haven't supplied the requested information yet. When do I need to subnut the defence by please? Is it the 6th April in which case I will submmit my defence 2/3 April?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X