• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Notice of Issue of Warrant of Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Notice of Issue of Warrant of Control

Hello help required please very worried.

Last week I received a letter from a solictor stating that a ccj was entered against me in April 2012 and that I have failed to make a a payment. There are no ccjs on my credit file. I did have a lot of debt at that time and received two other CCJ's which are being paid. I cannot see how I have overlooked another one.
    The letters says I owe it to Arrow Global who took it over from Santander. I have today received a Notice of Issue of Warrant of Control. It says I must pay the court £.... by the 11th of this month. I do not have the money or any means of getting it. Please can somebody advise me.
    Tags: None

First thing you need to do is to check the date this CCJ was made against you? If it was 2012 as you say has any attempt been made by them to enforce the debt?
    Reason for asking is that if the CCJ was made more than 6 years ago and they have not tried to enforce against you then they need to apply to the Court for permission to do so. That is very rarely given unless they have a good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
      First thing you need to do is to check the date this CCJ was made against you? If it was 2012 as you say has any attempt been made by them to enforce the debt?
      Reason for asking is that if the CCJ was made more than 6 years ago and they have not tried to enforce against you then they need to apply to the Court for permission to do so. That is very rarely given unless they have a good reason.
      Thank you, The solicitors letter states that the judgment was set on 30/04/2012. No attempt has been made to contact me.

Comment

The Judgment was automatically removed from your Credit File nearly 2 years ago. The solicitor has written hoping you will just agree a payment to save having Bailiffs at the door hoping you would not find out about the bar on enforcement after the 6 year period. They could still send a debt collector as you have to remember the debt is never Statute Barred because of the CCJ.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X