• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moneyclaim defence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moneyclaim defence

Hi can someone advise when I tick I wish to defend on Moneyclaim do I then have to type my defence in the next box or just summarise why?
    Tags: None

If you do, then that will be your defence that is submitted. Generally, you are better off just acknowledging the claim and then filing a separate defence document with the court because the box doesn't give you much space to write a defence.

Bear in mind, what you write in your defence is what you intend to rely on in defending the claim, meaning you won't be able to raise issues outside of your defence unless you amend it which will cost you £255 for an application to do that.

It's better to get it right first time round.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you. I am due to file defence by 18th March. Have sent off all requests for documents and received a response from next online saying my details do not match anything on their system (from subject access request). I presume that is something to go in my defence?

Comment

Also the date of issue was 14th Feb meaning date of ser ice is 19th Feb so am I correct with 18th March for defence?

Comment

Can someone advise please? I have prepared my defence and have had a letter from the solicitors saying they have contacted the client and requested the documents I have asked for and placed my account on hold. I’m presuming this doesn’t actually matter as the court won’t have placed my case on hold?

Comment

MIKE770*are you able to help please?

Comment

you cannot ask for the case to be put on hold if a court N1 form has been issued, read guidelines on this site top right and stop contacting them =If you requested CCA also under CPR31.14 the mentioned documents then that is it - your defence submit 2 days before due on line @ MCOL stating the date documents requested and if not received then state so, do not contact solicitors if they have failed at this stage, court system rules and only they could put an hold on any case, read threads and you will get gist of the way seems to run

Comment

MIKE770*Thanks. The only part I’m confused about is in my defence where I say I have contacted the claimant to ask them to extend time and they have declined - do I still include this?

Comment

Amethyst*

Comment

Just an update that I need some help on please. Have received letters from Next saying they have no record of the account and a letter from Cabot saying they are unable to provide the documents so will not be pursuing through court but will still write to me to ask for payments. What do I do next? Thank you so much

Comment

Nothing they hava problem may it last*

Comment

They can ask ignore

Comment

MIKE770*Thanks - what happens with the court now? Can I apply for it to be thrown out as per my defence?

Comment

Amethyst*

Comment

the court will continue and next step look out for letters, at some stage the claimant can discontinue (no paperwork etc_ many leave to last minute

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X