• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

notice of county court judgement arrears lowell solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notice of county court judgement arrears lowell solicitors

hi all and thanks for reading ,really need some advice on this one,my wife received a letter out of the blue today from lowells solictors titled notice of county court judgement arrears,, it reads you have failed to make payments required under the terms of the ccj and you have arrears of £1353.07, enforcement action pending, our client is now considering enforcement action to recover this debt, firstly this is the first we knew of this ccj this has come out of the blue we have not received any court papers or notices , there client is Lowell portfolio and the balance is £1353.07 original claimant j d Williams, it gives 14 days to pay or they may instruct a warrant of control, a detachment of earnings,or a charging order, this is worrying my wife to death as she is currently battling cancer so has really put her back, there is no date when the ccj was issued on the letter so i really don't know where to start with this , any advice would be greatly received.
    Tags: None

Amethyst *
    Set Aside Application

Comment

ok the plot thickens, I checked with trust online and this ccj was apparently made in august 2016 and served upon an old address, what I don't get is how it has taken them 4 years to make us aware of this.

Comment

been trying to get an appointment with cab but our local cab has a waiting time of 3-4 weeks not a lot of use when they have only given us 14 days to respond so spoke to step change who weren't that helpfull , so don't really know who to get advice from on this?

Comment

Set aside as wrong address. Does CRAs have new sddress

Comment

yes they do lowells solicitors sent the letter to new address and cra is up to date
            Last edited by phill2602; 18th February 2020, 19:16:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X