• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drydensfairfax Solicitors CCJ claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drydensfairfax Solicitors CCJ claim

I have just received a letter from Drydensfairfax Solicitors today on the 17th February 2020. The letter is dated the 14th February 2020. I have never a CCJ form in regards to this debt but from the letter sent today, it says that I have a claim dating back from 16th January 2017. The amount is for £2639.45 but it doesn't say on the letter to whom this is owed to apart from the client being Capquest.

Where do I go from here ??

I have tried to send a picture of the letter but it keeps saying the file is too big even though its only 210 kb big*

Louise
    Tags: None

Comment

Too small pdf it

Comment

That is a next directory debt letter for £259

Comment

Comment

*claim number showing

Comment

I have decided to go bankrupt. I have no assets with an enormous amount of debt. I have been advised not to tell the creditors yet. How do I delay them whilst I try and sort this mess out?

Do I make an offer to pay some amount to keep them happy? I am on a very low wage over a 16 hour week with a 10 year old daughter to look after so I won't be able to pay a huge amount.* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Louise

Comment

MIKE770 sorry Mike. On my phone and cannot download the picture as it is too large to send on this site. Have reduced it to 250 kb but it still comes back as file needing to be 800 x something*

Comment

Originally posted by louise_finch_uk View Post
                  I have decided to go bankrupt. I have no assets with an enormous amount of debt. I have been advised not to tell the creditors yet. How do I delay them whilst I try and sort this mess out?

Do I make an offer to pay some amount to keep them happy? I am on a very low wage over a 16 hour week with a 10 year old daughter to look after so I won't be able to pay a huge amount. Louise
                  You can go bankrupt online. It normally takes 1 or 2 days after you complete the form & pay the fee. Or you can fill the form in & pay the fee by installments but you will not be able to go bankrupt until the fee has been paid in full which is £680.
                  You can list all of your debts on this. Council Tax, Utilities, Phone & Broadband contracts & all debts like overdrafts & loans etc etc.
                  The people who you owe money to will not find out what you are doing until after your bankruptcy is confirmed. Obviously to stop the hassle you really need to do this before people start knocking at your door which would be about a week after you have a letter from a bailiff.

Your best option is to stop paying all debt immediately & pay the fee as quick as you can. If you can do that in couple of weeks its fine else more letters will come. You could borrow the fee off of family, pay it yourself OR you can even put it on a credit card believe it or not.

If you have rent arrears then you might want to consider your landlord. If its a private landlord then I doubt they will take it well when your arrears get wiped off. So that might cause you problems. Which is something you need to think of.
                  How much debt have you got?

So technically you could fill in the online form tonight & pay the fee tonight. They will assess it tomorrow & on Monday you will be bankrupt.

Comment

GBExile*25000 pounds accumulated over a 15 year period*

Comment

GBExile25000 pounds accumulated over a 15 year period
                      Have you got any assets? Do you own your own home or mortgage or rent? Is your car on finance? If not how much is it worth?

Do you have access to £680? In the bank or can use overdraft or credit card to pay the fee?

I take it you rent your home? If so are you in arrears with them?*

Are you currently in default with debtors?*

Comment

I have no assets. I have no car. I have a council house but not in arrears with them or council tax. Currently have 15 pounds left in the bank and sixty pence in my purse but friend says that they will pay for the bankruptcy fees when I have finished the online forms*

Comment

I have no assets. I have no car. I have a council house but not in arrears with them or council tax. Currently have 15 pounds left in the bank and sixty pence in my purse but friend says that they will pay for the bankruptcy fees when I have finished the online forms
                          Well you certainly need access to £680 to do bankruptcy. If you are 25k in debt & have nothing then I think it would be money well spent. With the information you have given I would do it asap & not spend one more penny on debt.

You need to take the money out of your bank & set up a new bank account. Virgin Money have bank accounts for bankrupts that you can set up direct debits & standing orders for example. IE the day you get bankrupt ring Virgin Money & set up an account & tell them you are bankrupt (it will be fine) but you will have to visit the nearest branch & do the paperwork in branch. (other banks do this but not too many) To set up standing orders for your rent & then contact everyone else you need to to set up direct debits.

Any questions please ask?

On your bankruptcy form you need to include everything no matter how big or small. Phone contracts & broadband etc If you miss anything it doesn't matter because every debt is covered but you need to be straight with the insolvency people who will call you within 14 days. Do not lie to them. Just tell truth. They will want to find out how much money you have left after expenses every month. If you are on benefits & your income is minimal you will not be required to pay a contribution to your debts for a year (most likely). After a year its all gone but your credit file is going to be rubbish for 6 years.*

Comment

Oh. Forgot. If you are on benefits you need to book an appointment (go in. do not do it online or by phone) to cancel your payments into your old account into your new account. You might want to do this the day you go bankrupt & insist they arrange you to go in the next day because of your circumstances. The last thing you need is any tax credits going into a bank you have no access to.*

Comment

GBExile
                              * * *Just to let you know that I forgot about myself being in a union. Contacted them a couple of weeks back and by doing so have got a month reprieve from the solicitors.*
                              Also the union is going through my paperwork and are going to pay for my BR as they say that I have no money left at the end of each month.* There might be a little light at the end of the tunnel but would like to thank you for your input.*

Louise

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X