• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Howard Cohen Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard Cohen Claim

Hello,

Received a claim, particulars below. Any further advice following on from what already completed would be really appreciated.

Received a claim?: Yes
    Issue Date: 12/02/2020
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes
    Total Amount Claimed: £4500
    Claimant’s Name: Hoist Finance UK
    Solicitors Firm: Howard Cohen & Co
    Original Creditor: Barclaycard
    Original Debt: Credit Card
    Particulars of Claim: This claim is for the sum of £4500 arising from the Defendant's breach of a regulated consumer credit agreement referenced under no XXXX. The Defendant has failed to remedy the breach in accordance with Default Notice issued pursuant to ss.87(1) and 88 of there Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant claims the sums due from the Defendant following the legal assignment of the agreement from Barclays Bank plc (EX BARCLAYCARD). Written notice of the assignment has been given. The Claimant claims 1. The sum of £4500, 2. Costs
    Is the debt Statute Barred: No
    List any letters you have sent: CCA request sent to Hoist, CPR sent to Howard Cohen. Both sent 14/02/2020.
    Tags: None

Hello, it's be great if anyone could give any more advice on the above.

A little update; no response was received in relation to my CCA and CPR, so a defence was filed to the effect.

I said yes to mediation through the DQ, having still received no documents. A date for mediation was confirmed 2 weeks ago.

It's now not long until the mediation appointment, and I've just been sent a response to my CCA/CPR requests from Howard Cohen.

All of the documents look to be in order to me - credit agreement* (including my name and address), statement history, default notice and notice of allocation. Happy to post these, if needed, for further guidance.

*The Credit Agreement that I've been provided is labelled as a 'Reconstructed Credit Agreement' and doesn't have my signature. It would be good to get any advice on if this is standard practise or something I can use in defence.

Essentially, I'm looking for advice on what the best course of action during the mediation is?

Since all of the documents seem to be in order, what % am I likely to negotiate if I agree a payment plan and Tomlin order?

Or if I continue to trial, what's the likelihood this will be dropped given the value, and the fact that all documents seem to be in order?

Really appreciate any responses in advance
    Last edited by ElysianFlds; 21st July 2020, 12:35:PM.

Comment

I've looked through lots of past posts but can't seem to find any where mediation has been reached and all documents have been provided.

It'd be great if anyone could shed some light on what is realistic to negotiate during mediation; specifically on the % of the original amount and what monthly payments would be acceptable.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X