• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form received from Intrum finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim Form received from Intrum finance

I have received a claim form which also has a response pack attached. It says:

The claimant is the assignee of a Shop Direct Finance Company LTD Debt in the sun of 2201.86 assigned on 05/10/15. Statutory notices of assignment were sent to the defendant. On 01/03/2018 the Claimant changed its name from 1st credit (Finance) Ltd to Intrum uk finance limited. The debt is for arrears on an agreement for running account credit first opened by the original creditor on it about 15/07/2010 under reference xxxxx. The defendant used the credit facilities. On 28/09/2015 the account defaulted with an outstanding balance of 2093.86. The Claimant and it’s predecessors in title demanded repayment of the sum due. In breach of contract the defendant failed to repay the sums due. And the claimant claims 1. The sum of £2,201.86”

Background: this debt is actually from K & co which became Littlewoods in the year that the default happened . I bought a Printer for 800£ which with interest went up to £3000 on buy now pay later. When I realized that the adviosr has signed me up for BNPL without my consent I called K& co to take it off from bnpl as I didn’t want that in the first place. The adviser I spoke with and the many later kept looking into it while I kept paying. Until, I decided to stop paying until they sort it out. It then moved to littlewoods and when I called they told me they had passed the debt on and they can’t do anything. My original query for a correction never go resolved. When I log into my account, it shows me a bnpl amount but also shows me a 245 credit I can use which I believe is from the online payments I continued to make without knowing they had passed on the debt. Now I have a few questions.

1. I had no idea 1st credit and intrum are one. I never signed for any communication from them. Can they connect communication from two different company names into one and count it towards this claim?

2. between 2015 and now, we have moved house twice and both around stressful times where my inlaws both passed away unexpectedly one after the other and my step daughter was raped where the police was involved. This debt a thing which wasn't playing on our minds. in all that

3. This debt is now mostly made up of interest. The real amount we owe is a little over £400.
    please advise how I can handle this. The date on the claim is 17/01/20.

regards,
    Tags: None

Also, want to understand further why they have said the account was opening “about”15/07/2010” rather than a definite “on 15/07/2010”. Do you think this indicates they might not have any details?

Comment

Please can anyone help with what I can do? I would really appreciate it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X