• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received 2 court claims this week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received 2 court claims this week

Hello, I have received 2 court claims against me, one from Lowell (Vanquis debt) and one from Drydens for Newday debt.*
    For the Vanquis claim, I have acknowledged claim with intention to admit part of the claim. I also sent SAR to Vanquis. But I have no clue what can be used for the defense.*
    After reading here and there, I found out that it is possible to complain about irresponsible lending to Vanquis. So I was wondering can I use this in the defense when admitting part of the amount? Writing something like, that I intend to complain to Vanquis about irresponsible lending and that if won, there is a possibility that the amount Lowell wishes to claim might be lower.*
    Also this debt was with Lowell for the last 5 years and they have offered me partial settlement many times. I have accepted once, but they wanted me to pay either in full or in 3 installments, which I couldn't do at a time, so I continued paying £5, then I couldn't pay even that and stopped paying completely. Could the partial settlement offers be used as admittance to partial debt amount in defense?*
    Lowell also added some interest to the debt (interest pursuant to s69), can I challenge this? I mean they had my debt for 5 years, why do they want interest? Does it suddenly cost them money to have this debt? If I understand correctly, they have bought this debt from Vanquis for much less and now they want to make even more money from the person who can't pay?
    Is there a point to contact Lowell at this point and offer them some sort of payment? I can only offer £1 since I have no money and I am falling behind my rent. It's actually illogical for me to offer even that, since rent is a priority, but in those N forms that is what I am going to write.*
    If ccj was ordered and £1 accepted could I re-negotiate settlement amount in the future with Lowell. Say I had money and wanted to pay lump amount, but less than the court had ordered?*

Regarding Newday debt, I think this was Debenhams card. If I admit full amount, does that mean court will order to pay the same amount even based on my low income?*
    Tags: None

One more thing, I have read here on forum, that it is a good idea to ask for CCA, as my Vanquis acc was opened in 2010 and newday I think in 2009, so decade later there is a chance they may have difficulty producing CCA. Should I also ask for everything else mentioned in particulars of claim?

Comment

You haven't stated how much each debt is for?

Comment

application on line was it?

Comment

Originally posted by GBExile View Post
          You haven't stated how much each debt is for?
          Vanquis £2600 in particulars claim, but total amount with fees, rep costs ~£3000. Newday £662, with added fees £792. I have applied for court fees help already.*

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
            application on line was it?
            I can't remember. Debenhams might have been in store. And Vanquis either online or paper. I can't even remember what was initial credit amounts, both* acc were opened decade ago. I haven't saved any papers.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X