• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim - Parking outside bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim - Parking outside bay

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice regarding a recent County Court Claim from Excel parking.*

The incident occurred last January but I received no correspondence regarding the matter until the County Court Claim

The particulars were very limited and provided no real details on the parking transgression.*

Following advice I contacted EXCEL for further detail and they provided me with a photo evidencing that I was parking outside of a bay and therefore in breech of contract.

It is clear that I had accidentally parked outside a bay.*

Excel claim they wrote to me regarding this but I received nothing until this court claim letter. No Pcn or LBC.*

Had I received something from Excel I would have immediately paid at the reduced rate as I'm obviously outside a bay.*

However, now I have a county court claim for £150 which is made up of £135 fine and £25 Court fees. If I had been notified I would have paid the initial amount of £70. This seems totally unfair and I was hoping that there is a defence to just pay the initial amount? Is anyone able to provide advice.*

On a side note, the day I parked and the time stamp on the photo is the day before the date on the claim. I. E. Transgression happened 6th Jan which is confirmed by the photo but claim is for 7th Jan. I don't want to drag things out as it seems I'm not in a bay but I'm worried if I just pay the claim with the wrong date they can just issue another claim with the correct date!!*

Thanks in advance.*

Acknowledge the claim and make a defence that
    a) you received no statutory notices
    b there is no evidence you were in the carpark on the day in question (because photo shows different date).

Once it gets to direction stage they will have to send all the documents they claim they sent you to the court (and you).
    My guess is you will win on the photo alone and if they filed again you could claim vexatious and malicious practice.
    It depends on what they send you regarding the documents on how to proceed (the dates especially)

It seems to me that you don't really want this hassle though ? Phone them or write to them directly, pointing out your defence (above) and offer a deal that you will pay the original fee if they withdraw the claim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X