• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Claim

So quite some time ago, in 2012 the university I went to took me to court through Incasso LLO for unpaid tuition fees - although I did not attend the year they said I had enrolled.

I had contacted Incasso to offer a monthly payment (and left my address, I gave them my new one) before the threat of court action, however the person I was in contact with left the company and I recieved an email saying someone else was dealing with my email. I recieved no further communication with them until a Bailiff from HCE turned up to my address.

so out of fear I have been paying this off.

I have since looked at communications about the debt, and decided that really, I wasn't given a chance to defend this claim as it appears Incasso didn't action or look at the previous email, and the company has since gone bust. Also looking at the emails, there was no proof given of any debt that I was owed to the university.

So I have recently contacted the university asking about it. I have also sent in a Subject Access Request to them to to give proof that I hade enrolled as the last person I spoke to from Incasso who left made it sound like the university had terminated my studies prior to the year they were taking me to court for.

I have now paid £4,000 to this CCJ. If the university couldn't prove this debt would I have a right to the money being returned to me? Also, if I could prove that Incasso didn't handle my communications very well could The CCJ be set aside, even if it has been over 6 years?

I think as I was younger, due to the fear of something bad happening I just went along with the whole thing and now I am a bit wiser I am a bit dubious. I'm still paying £50 per month - with £1,800 to go.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X