• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bedroom Furniture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given it has taken so long, for them to just walk away.

I will get doors made from solid wood not MDF in the hope they won't warp, so will need to choose the wood carefully.

Removal would causes wall damage and carpet issues introducing redecoration costs, re plastering etc etc

Comment

Did you pay them anything ?
      perhaps a ? % deposit?

Comment

I had paid in full, but due to issues requested a charge back so got all my money back

Comment

So as the doors are replaceable get a quote (or quotes) for those.
          You could then negotiate a price for the framework.
          You should do this by negotiating a price reduction as per Consumer Rights Act 2015 sec 24

Comment

Thing is they aren’t directly replaceable as they have either inserted mirrors on them or leather padding, so it would be unlikely that I could achieve the look I set out to create !!

Soit’s more about the whole bedroom look as they match the head board etc

This can’t go on but negotiating the price down is pointless. I wouldn’t have paid the reduced price for what I have if it has been an option so it was all or nothing

if they decided to remove everything the damage upheaval etc would be huge

my expectation is to give them one more chance to get this sorted or say walk away. It will then be up to me to decide what to do next at my cost

Comment

You did suggest just replacing the doors hence my suggestion, but CRA2015 does give the option of final rejection and claiming damages
              Your damages would be the cost of making good the holes in the walls etc.
              You then start afresh with a new supplier

Comment

Wow yanky land across the pond

Comment

Originally posted by fairboy
                  In my opinion, I will get doors made from solid wood in the hope they won't warp, so will need to choose the wood carefully.
                  Lollipop sticks

Comment

I guess removal will cost even more and then damage the room, wall etc which will then require re-plastering, the carpet will also then need to be replaced, plus victorian dado rails which were removed for the bed wall mounted head board would need to be sourced so they matched etc etc. Then redecoration, upheaval etc. Basically I think the best bet is for them to walk away and I will source solid wood doors and draw fronts at my leisure, plus find a carpenter to install. Another issue has cropped up as well in that they have blocked the vent for the downstairs fireplace stopping the chimney from venting properly which then fills my bedroom with smoke. The only way round this is apparently to install a log burner and flue, which would take the smoke out of the house directly by the flue and not allow smoke to collect in the chimney and seep back in through the now blocked vent.Cost £3500. Again this is as an alternative to ripping the whole thing out which would cause so much disruption again, in a freshly refurbished house, and the damage this would subsequently cause with knock on repairs to correct, plus finding trades people to do this plus storing furniture is just not practical. The room is quite large, and so is the other furniture in the room i.e the bed so this can't be just put in another room out of the way, it would need storing whilst this was done, plus I wouldn't be able to use my room and would expect to be comfortable during the process, so that would mean hotel bills as well. The only practical solution is for them to walk away, and leave alone, it's being going on for 1.5 years now and over 15 separate visits, which is all involving my own time to be there, plus they have already damaged one of my carpets. I just want them gone to be honest.

Comment

Whatever you decide is the best option for yourself, you can always sue for damages.
                      If you keep the claim below £10,000 it will most probably be allocated to the small claims track where costs are limited.

Comment

For everyone. Please note it pays to stand your ground. I now have written agreement that the supplier of my furniture will walk away and not try to seek any money moving forwards. I put this option to them and they have agreed. I will sort out any subsequent issues at my discretion and in my own time.

Comment

To advise and give hope to anyone else in my own position. The company involved agreed to walk away from the situation. I made the suggestion and said I would resolve any outstanding issues personally if they did so, as I was tired of the ongoing concerns and constant visits and failures and they agreed.

Comment

Congratulations. Hope you've got it all in writing

Comment

I certainly did

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X