• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form Submitted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim Form Submitted

Hi Guys,
    I received a claim form about 2 weeks and I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full, is been a week now since submitted the claim form. I have requested both CCA Request ( to claimant) and CPR 31.14 Request ( to claimants solicitors)

Do I have to wait for the court to get back to me, I don’t really know what to do next.

Thanks

Tags: None

more info what it is all about and with whom, defence stage 28 days the claimant has to respond or it gets stayed until ever they do> but you acknowledged claim on line?? and ticked defend all???

Comment

You have to submit your defence so that it arrives at the court within 33 days from the date of issue of the claim form. I assume you did not submit a defence with the acknowledgement

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        You have to submit your defence so that it arrives at the court within 33 days from the date of issue of the claim form. I assume you did not submit a defence with the acknowledgement
        I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full, How do I submit a defence with acknowledgement? I don't really know much about this.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          more info what it is all about and with whom, defence stage 28 days the claimant has to respond or it gets stayed until ever they do> but you acknowledged claim on line?? and ticked defend all???
          Yes I select defend all, is to do with a Capitalone credit card and store card owed 10 years, It was defaulted on my credit file for 6 years, the default came off my credit file about 3 years.

The letter which I received from claimant solicitor says account was open on August 2009 but I know for a fact the account was open around 2006

What should I do next? Whats the process of submitting a defence?

Thanks
          Alex

Comment

Example Defence

ostell

Comment

Here's a sample defence template: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

Write your defence in a word processor, get your signature embedded in there and save it as a PDF file and email it to the court. Suggest a scan of signature with black pen and very white paper.

sounds like the amount could be statute barred

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                Thanks you very much and I really appreciate.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X